Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
I need my trades! Is this more pressure to get us to vote yes for PBS?

No PBS means recalls and upgrades this summer. No?

Grrr.

Last edited:
If ASA and the union want me to vote yes they need to start playing nice because this is getting out of control. You cant pressure me into voting for PBS by sending me a ton of Rah Rah emails about how good it is and making my QOL bad. Another thing...they say 4 days are more cost effective. Then they say with PBS there will be more 3 days? How can PBS make that happen! It must just be magic!

To: Scott Hall and ALPA

Give us our QOL back THEN you can have PBS!

If ASA and the union want me to vote yes they need to start playing nice because this is getting out of control. You cant pressure me into voting for PBS by sending me a ton of Rah Rah emails about how good it is and making my QOL bad. Another thing...they say 4 days are more cost effective. Then they say with PBS there will be more 3 days? How can PBS make that happen! It must just be magic!

To: Scott Hall and ALPA

Give us our QOL back THEN you can have PBS!

I agree 100%. Also, have you noticed how there is no open time on the Captains side? I think they are withholding more than the contractual % amount in open time. Example, after the finals were out, there was no open time on the 1st and 2nd. Then a few days later, those 2 days are full of trips. These are the same trips that were in initial open time that wasn't picked up or assigned. Now you see them, now you don't, now you see them. There are more trips on the 1st and 2nd that reappeared than trips for the entire month! That means there were with holding at least 50% open time!!

Blinded by your own anger..... The reason there will be more three days is ALPA stuck to their guns on that one. It was doable and the company finally agreed after some stuff was traded back. Take your lazy butt up to crew planning and the MEC offices and see what goes on instead whining on FI about ASA and ALPA are out to screw you over.

Last edited:
you saying there's a 3 day trip guarantee in this LOA? all i've seen is the "no more than 60 % 4 days", and no 5 days unless the union agrees.

So the reason we have so many red arrow days on the CR7 Fo side is because the company has accidentally understaffed that side of the 700. Supposedly they're going to transfer pilots from the 200 to cover the shortage. In the meantime no open time trades and only pickups for 700 Officers?

I noticed this is turning into a PBS thread... I just can't believe that ALPA is embracing the idea of keeping our furloughs on the street longer with PBS. Certain union pilots like harassing those who pick up open time, but voting PBS will directly keep furloughs on the street. At the very least we should vote no to PBS the first time.

I noticed this is turning into a PBS thread... I just can't believe that ALPA is embracing the idea of keeping our furloughs on the street longer with PBS. Certain union pilots like harassing those who pick up open time, but voting PBS will directly keep furloughs on the street. At the very least we should vote no to PBS the first time.

Why not go to a road show and make an informed decision? Is it responsible leadership to bring out furloughs back as quickly as possible or to wait a little longer and get them back to keep them here?

How can an union go soo quickly from bashing PBS to going for it? The company wants it badly, the union wants it badly, and neither side is being 100% truthful to the pilot group.

I believe the red arrow days are because of all the training and flip flopping that will be going on while preparing for the United transition next month

How can an union go soo quickly from bashing PBS to going for it? The company wants it badly, the union wants it badly, and neither side is being 100% truthful to the pilot group.

The union leaders have acknowledged they did too good a job of shooting down PBS a BAD thing. The particular software decided on was not in existence when the 07 contract was ratified. The new software from Flightline keeps the bidding seniority based and should result in more folks getting what they want instead of the system deciding what is right.

100% truthful? How ya know? Who are you accusing of lying?

Why not go to a road show and make an informed decision? Is it responsible leadership to bring out furloughs back as quickly as possible or to wait a little longer and get them back to keep them here?

Informed decision? What is that? =P I was actually all for PBS, more vacation pay and ultimate trade flexibility? Awesome...

But there is no reason why PBS cannot wait till our contract is amendable. Our biggest poker chip is being used outside our contract negotiations. Neither side is being truthful and no one is outwardly acknowledging that PBS will keep furloughs on leave and that needs to be better understood. Will voting no on PBS lead to recalls and later furloughs? I don't know how you nor anyone else could claim to know.

PBS is said to save millions for the company annually and most of that is driven in the short term by avoiding recalls. No? So until CT sends a second letter again outlining how hard it was for him to extend the furlough of our pilots, I could care less about PBS.

In an effort to demonstrate some level of informed decision making I'll again say... "At the very least we should vote no to PBS the first time."

Latest resources

Back