Why Should You Donate?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MSNFlier

Alright, I'm going to spend a few minutes to explain why users of this board should make a modest donation. As of this writing at 12:45 a.m., CST, there are approximately 25 users logged on to this board. If each of those users donated $25.00 that would be a $625.00 donation. We would be able to reach the goal in no time!!

As I said in another post earlier tonight, I think it's completely reasonable to ask for $25.00 from each person using this otherwise FREE service. I agree with another poster that while some sifting and winnowing of information is advised, for the most part this board is a great resource for many kinds of information about aviation. And, there is a generally civil, intelligent and often times very well informed discourse that follows most posts. How many other places can you get a good response to your posts within 24 hours, at most? Usually it's more like 12 or less!!

Personally, I have used board for over two years, even though I'm not planning a career in aviation. I always enjoy reading the posts and keeping up with things as my time allows. I certainly understand that things are not the greatest in aviation right now and probably won't be for quite some time. However, we can't permit that to let a tremendous resource like this board go away.

I put my money where my mouth is and donated $100.00 tonight. I'm fortunate and have some means, to be sure, busting my hump running my own business. It's the least I can do to show my gratitude for the enjoyment of reading this forum over the past two years and, hopefully, into the future.

I hope you can see your way clear to making a donation, too. This new system our esteemed Webmaster is using now is fantastic, permitting much quicker viewing of threads, easier posting of replies, etc. Let's support him and thank him for his tireless efforts.

Please, find a way to donate $25.00

This is a good post, so I figured I would get it up front. Happy New Year everyone but not until we have reach that $5000.00 mark.

Latest resources

Back