• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why should I vote?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not voting is a "YES" vote. Becuase it's one less vote needed to pass. 50%+1 of voting wins not 50%+1 of eligible.
I don't know if you are talking about the union vote, or the pay vote, but regardless, you'd be wrong on both. For pay vote purposes, not voting counts as not voting. They only tally the yes vs. no votes to decide the results. Not that a vote on this or any pay package at SkyWest matters a whole lot. I'd love to see everybody vote no every time we get a sub-standard offer (ie. every offer we've received) and send a message, but that's not going to happen.

If one doesn't like the issue and doesn't vote to "show them" then it takes one less Yes vote to win. If they don't like something (pay or union) then vote No. If you don't care about your future, make more money and work at McDonalds.

Vote yes!!

Then if the extra money bothers you too much you can pm me and I'll send you a deposit slip. You can get rid of that burdensome extra money and clear your conscience for your vote at the same time.

Wow, people like you, Dan, are the reason I can't make a career out of a decent job at SkyWest. Too bad the pilot group is made out of mostly people just like you.

Actually, I think you can make a good living with SkyWest. Perhaps it's just an airline career in general that isn't right for you. Ever thought about retraining or going back to school?

There's your problem, your confusing making a decent living with a decent career. Thanks for proving my point. And maybe you should wait until you have been a captain for a second or two before you start making career suggestions to those with more experience. Don't worry, you can have my spot.

What I have is life experience. My intention was to point out that if your main focus is chasing the big money you might want to change careers. I chased the big money and made a good bit of it only to find that it wasn't what I thought it would be. QOL, family, and enjoying how I choose TO MAKE A LIVING are more important to me. What I do is make a decent living and then LIVE A DECENT LIFE.

Wow, people like you, Dan, are the reason I can't make a career out of a decent job at SkyWest. Too bad the pilot group is made out of mostly people just like you.

I'm with you Bluto. Throw a shiny bead to the savages and watch them grab it up and smile.

Latest resources

Back