Why pilot pay is low....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dash8301 said:
Many Pilot groups have been duped into accepting low pay to fly shiny new jets just to " get their time" and move on. On that same note ALPA National has not fully supported the regional pilots in negotating contracts and in some cases has presured to accept lower rates and benefits. Until we as regional pilots stand up and support each other instead of undercut each other. Only the can we get better pay and work rules industry wide.

I'd like to hear some specifics here. Its pretty obvious to everyone here thats ever had any involvement with ALPA that you have no idea what your talking about.

Supply: Almost infinite.
Demand: Very low.
Result: Low salaries.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ready, watch:

#of airline seats: huge
# of airline passengers : low (but growing)
Result: low seat prices.

# of Hybrid SUV's built: Low
# of people wanting hybrid SUV's: High
Result: People paying 145% of sticker price for new truck.

Amount of oil in world: Steady to small decline due to mideast tension
Demand for oil: Spikes due to Chinese and other central Asian industrialization and no reduction of use in traditional industrialized nations.
Result: Oil prices soar.

No degree in Economics required. Too many people are chasing the dream and there are ten replacements for every job available and willing to work that job for peanuts.

Catbird said:
If someone tells you that they are a "professional pilot" lead them to the nearest ATM so they can make a withdrawal for a nice reserved position "PFT" on the next spaceship to Uranus.
Hehehe...Dude, you said "Uranus"! Hehehehe.

FLying for a living or living for flying ?

I do this job because I love it.It's a beutifull career, but my dreams does not pay my bills.I have been flying commercilly since 1998 and seen this industry fluctuate more than any other.Yes there's more careers that the pay it's better, but I let other people to practice thoes jobs.Go a head, be a wellder if you want.
On the other hand, I think, that if im going to fly your multimillon dollar plane with 19,34,50,70 or 100+ pax you should pay me accordingly.
If a lawyer makes a mistake sombody pays a little bit of money (sometimes a lot,jah.), If we make a mistake somebody will pay with theyr life.That a big risk and the airlines should pay us better for that.

Traffic tiket:moderate viloation 75+$, and may be a couple of points
Bust a FAR: Possible rebocation of your lisence!
PF CHANG'S Manager: About 40+$/h
1900-D Captain: First year 30$/h

Let my know if you agree!

Why is pilot pay so low? There are too many guys watching "Top Gun", "Iron Eagle" wetting themselves while dreaming about becoming a "cool" pilot. I'm not disgruntled. Well, maybe I am.

Skyboss said:
Pathetic.

Everyone knows the real reason is because Falcon Jets are junk and their flight crews are idiots.
Guess I hit a little too close to SkyBoss's "Home" on that one...

SkyBoss, are you the latest graduate from the Gulfstream International MagLev Academy?

N8Dogg said:
Why is pilot pay so low? There are too many guys watching "Top Gun", "Iron Eagle" wetting themselves while dreaming about becoming a "cool" pilot. I'm not disgruntled. Well, maybe I am.
well, make up your mind!
Are ya gruntled or disgruntled?...
I mean, if someone asks, you could
say something like,"well...I'm feeling a little un-gruntled today, but thankyou for asking!"

i'm averaging about 13k this year (haven't worked a full year). its ok. i live at home so i can save a bit. i do it for fun. i would work for free but the job came with a paycheck so its really free money!

maverick

Ugh

Quote:
"i'm averaging about 13k this year (haven't worked a full year). its ok. i live at home so i can save a bit. i do it for fun. i would work for free but the job came with a paycheck so its really free money!

maverick"

Amazing, the sheer stupidity of some people really is amazing. Maybe if flying doesn't work out, we can all go pay Walmart $15k a year to work there- they have some super sweet credit card readers and I'd love to get my hands on those babies!

-Milehigh

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back