Why pilot pay is low....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Capt said:
Guess I hit a little too close to SkyBoss's "Home" on that one...

SkyBoss, are you the latest graduate from the Gulfstream International MagLev Academy?
Just havin' fun. How is it going at the Falcon Window Washing Association Convention????

Skyboss said:
Just havin' fun. How is it going at the Falcon Window Washing Association Convention????
Doin just fine, we are going to replace our undercarriage with a MagLev recepticle... you know, preparing for the future... ;)

My 2 cents. I think it is your flight school/FBO's fault regional pay is so low, until CFI's start making more than 10-18$ an hour with little or no benifits I.E. Health/Dental. Bottom feeding regionals Like Great Lakes (and others) will continue to have an HR desk with rusumes stacked to the ceiling with cfi's eager to make 15$ and hr and upgrade in 18 month to make 27$ an hr as a 2ed yr regional captian.

Not directly bashing Lakes but your payscale makes me sick. Yet the line to work there isn't getting any shorter. It all starts with starved CFI's.

for othello

You and all the starving CFI's should band together and start a flight school and pay $50 per hour with a 100 a month guarentee. You would set the example on how CFI's should be treated. Oh! might not be able to do that unless you win the lotto. LOL

Last edited:
As much as I enjoy the great Maglev debate, there is one important fact I just learned from the website Skyboss put the link to.

[font=arial, geneva, sans-serif][font=arial,geneva,sans-serif]Features

[font=arial,geneva,sans-serif]The heart of the MagLev system is its superconducting (SC) magnets or coils. The SC coils are made from wire made from the defunct Superconductor Super Collider program[/font]

[/font][/font]

Sorry SkyBoss but I'm gonna have to side with the BBQ expert on this one. This whole program looks like a easy excuse for the untold billions wasted on the supercollider program. Like they say, "Garbage in, garbage out"

It cant be true, there is no way that their are more pilots than jobs!! I was just looking through my aviation periodical, and the ads in it told me that there is a major pilot shortage. And for only 60K I too can be one of the high paid aviators! I even saw proof, there is some dork standing on a jetway with no hat brass and a 4 engine airliner in the background.

This project is, but this one isn't the only program. There are about eight of them out there, one in commercial service in China and another to be built from Vegas to Prim. Los Angeles is also in final definition phase. It will run North to the Camarillo area, South to Orange County with the more important leg from Orange County Airport East to Riverside and into Prim then on to Vegas.

http://www.ci.las-vegas.nv.us/Files/SST090602.pdf

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back