• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is RVSM necessary?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, what I am saying is that other parts of the world NEEDED the standard because of limited airspace. We have lots of airspace and didn't need it.

As for being limited in where we operate, I don't know about you but I was flying RVSM airplanes long before it was required in the US, so that I could operate in those places. We weren't limited at all.

And Lead, amen on the METARs and TAFs!

2000flyer said:
So are you saying let the rest of the world accept a certain standard but we in the U.S. are too good for someone elses idea? It's no wonder with an attitude like that we're frowned upon in parts of the world.

Secondly, the rest of the world accepts the new standard but since we don't we'll be severely limited in where and when we can operate around the globe. Worst yet, those operators who wish to comply will be burden with a much higher cost.

Sometimes change is good and others have a pretty darn good idea. Would you feel better if it were an American idea and the rest of the world had to comply?

Yes, having to jump through all the hoops to comply is a burden and the paperwork over blown.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back