Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is Express Jet Bothering with LOW TIMERS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
about time said:
I for the life of myself don not understand why my employer hires these low time pilots, when you have qualified people on the street such as my brother and sisters from Indpendence Air. I am happy that our training department is cracking down and getting rid of these inexperienced pilots.
We had this idiot from Hawaii in my class who was let go from training after failing his checkride, all the while I was thinking "yep another no experience pilot taking a seat from a qualified person." It just gets to me when one my experienced friends can not get on here, but they will hire Mr.Aloha,(by the way good luck at getting on with another 121 outfit Aloha boy, IT WON'T HAPPEN). I quess what I am trying to say to the low timers out there is that don't expect any breakes here, I mean seariously it is not that hard to fly a jet. I can't wait til I get to do interview one day, stand by!

Your a friggin tool and I would love to get you in the right seat for a 4 day so I can remind you of what an a$$ clown you are for the entire pairing.

I have flown with several Indy guys and 99% of them have been cool guys to work with. You don't do them any favors. You should be working at Taco Bell right now but instead you got someone's dream job and then have the sack to talk $hit about the company who gave you a change you obviously don't deserve.

Some slip thru the cracks, and this industry owes you nothing.

ATRCA said:
You should be working at Taco Bell right now but instead you got someone's dream job and then have the sack to talk $hit about the company who gave you a change you obviously don't deserve.

I would hardly call XJet a "dream job" LOL!!!! More like a nightmare job!!!!

410dude said:
I would hardly call XJet a "dream job" LOL!!!! More like a nightmare job!!!!

Uh oh, looks like another victim of... SJS!!!!!!!!!!

about time said:
I for the life of myself don not understand why my employer hires these low time pilots, when you have qualified people on the street such as my brother and sisters from Indpendence Air. I am happy that our training department is cracking down and getting rid of these inexperienced pilots.
We had this idiot from Hawaii in my class who was let go from training after failing his checkride, all the while I was thinking "yep another no experience pilot taking a seat from a qualified person." It just gets to me when one my experienced friends can not get on here, but they will hire Mr.Aloha,(by the way good luck at getting on with another 121 outfit Aloha boy, IT WON'T HAPPEN). I quess what I am trying to say to the low timers out there is that don't expect any breakes here, I mean seariously it is not that hard to fly a jet. I can't wait til I get to do interview one day, stand by!

What's really hilarious scrotum licker is I, and several of my low-time buds, will upgrade long before you and your "experience"...if you last that long.

Flechas said:
As did all the pilots in all the accidents in aviation. Your comment is pointless.

What aviation accident parallels what these idiots did to seal their fate?

This was a terrrible accident, and I'm not justifying death. However, the only simpathy that I have is for "Captain" Rhodes' wife and child.

AvroJockey said:
What aviation accident parallels what these idiots did to seal their fate?

This was a terrrible accident, and I'm not justifying death. However, the only simpathy that I have is for "Captain" Rhodes' wife and child.

I'm not saying every aviation accident was related to this one. I simply stated that all the pilots that have had accidents passed their PC and IOE. I'mnot justifying their actions by any means, I wasn't there to judge them either. But what they did doesnt mean they were not qualified. A lot of accidents had a very experienced captain that did soemthing wrong. To name a few: United DC8 that run out of fuel (I think it was in DEN), Tenerife, American Airlines in Cali, Eastern L1011in the Florida everglades.....

They all made a mistake (broke CRM and situation awareness in these cases), but they were qualified. The Pncl pilots made a mistake too and they paid for it with their lives, but I'm sure they were qualified to fly that plane.

I think regionals should subject you to a demonic sim evaluation from he11. Including engine-out approaches and everything.

If you can pass it at 250 hours, you're hired.

No more of this feel-good HR department BS.

Maybe there are not that many really good sticks?

Latest resources

Back