Why I am the greatest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WMUchickenhawk said:
I squaked 7700 kept her VFR and diverted to a little class G airport.

I plan on being a pilot for UPS in the near future do you think this experience and how I handled it will help me get in with lower total times?
You need to review your squawk codes for Lost Comms there sparky!

Will this help you get in with lower times... not a chance. Now, had you lost your radios, had a dual vacuum failure, engine sputters out, and your in IMC over the Rockies.... and you succesfully manage to dead stick the airplane out of the clouds, thru a mountain passage, and land on a 10 foot wide, by 75 foot long river bed... they still wouldn't consider it - but atleast it would warrant the big ego you appear to be having!

If the passengers were afraid that you were going to crash because you had a radio failure indicates to me that you weren't keeping your cool too well in the situation. There is no reason that you should ever let something like that scare your passengers.

WMUchickenhawk said:
Well I hate to brag but I must admit I am the greatest pilot ever! The other day while flying my aircraft in some class C airspace I had a complete and total failure of my UHF radio system (no comm for the less knowledgeable). It was amazing how my extensive pilot training kicked in and its almost like instinct took over. I squaked 7700 kept her VFR and diverted to a little class G airport. O it was something my passenger kept asking 'are we going to crash?"
I live 22.2 NM from BTL, where you take flight training. I have a couple of questions.
1. All the airplanes that WMU has, have VHF radios. Is this a special one with UHF?? The only planes with UHF at BTL are the A-10's, which I'm betting you were not flying.
2. Why would you land at a class G airport, when it would be far simpler, and most appreciated by the maintenance staff, to return to BTL??
3. When you were taking ground school, they must have told you that 7600 is for comm failure. Did you think it was a real emergency??
4. Of course you stayed VFR. Was the Class C air space AZO?? GRR?? Wouldn't it make more sense to squawk 7600, and land at those big airports with real maintenance staffs?? IF all your comms were out, how do you know your transponder was working??

I think you better go back to the remedial pilot school before you apply to UPS. Other wise, the only Brown will be you.

sky37d said:
I live 22.2 NM from BTL, where you take flight training. I have a couple of questions.
1. All the airplanes that WMU has, have VHF radios. Is this a special one with UHF?? The only planes with UHF at BTL are the A-10's, which I'm betting you were not flying.
2. Why would you land at a class G airport, when it would be far simpler, and most appreciated by the maintenance staff, to return to BTL??
3. When you were taking ground school, they must have told you that 7600 is for comm failure. Did you think it was a real emergency??
4. Of course you stayed VFR. Was the Class C air space AZO?? GRR?? Wouldn't it make more sense to squawk 7600, and land at those big airports with real maintenance staffs?? IF all your comms were out, how do you know your transponder was working??

I think you better go back to the remedial pilot school before you apply to UPS. Other wise, the only Brown will be you.

Yeah, none of what was posted happened, I just forgot to log out, so you don't need to worry for your life that some moron is cutting holes in the sky near you. Incidently AZO is just class D with a TRSA

Ah, you are right.
AZO isn't Class C.
Fly safe, and if you are ever by 4N0, just knock on the door. Mine is the house with the pool.

Cool, One of our instructors lives at Newmans, has his own homebuilt. A lot of the students who fly out of AZO use Newman's for soft field, but Ive never had the joy.

learflyer said:
anyone have any good bbq lately?
2 nights ago we had a fest. I had 3 burgers and 12 brats. Bad thing is that I havent seen any of it yet.

Latest resources

Back