Why doesn't bobbysamd fly for a living?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumpletumbler

I started to PM you but that wouldn't be near as much fun. Every response I've ever read of yours has been pretty much right on and clearly thought out. You sound as if you would be an asset to aviation in general. In other words I and many others would benefit from flying with you. You have the experience to get a job even in the tough times that are upon us all in aviation. So how come you are a paralegal? I'm sure you have answered this before but I am to lazy to search and maybe there are folks out there who are wondering the same thing and are to lazy to search. :) So tell me what drives a man that would so obviously be someone we would all like to share some sky with to stay behind the desk? Money doesn't count.

RT

rumpletumbler said:
...how come you are a paralegal [instead of a pilot]? Every response I've ever read of yours has been pretty much right on and clearly thought out.
You answered your own question. Anyone that eloquent, rational, and humble would never make it as a pilot! :p

Bobbysamd

I think he has said he tried to get on with a regional but was subject to age discrimination, etc. Just hope he is still doing some flying of some type. With his responses and thoughts on here it is certainly a shame he is no longer instructing, at the very least! Seems to have a great deal to offer.

Maybe he came to the realization that this is a career in which an individual is controlled by the actions of his most stupid co-workers. Combine that realization, with the ability to make a decent living in another area, and you might come to the conclusion that life is better when you make a living doing something other than flying airplanes. Heck, if I could make enough money by doing something else, to pay for a Pitts and its hanger, in addition to my family obligations, I'd change jobs in a heartbeat. If I did leave my seat, the "I fly for the love of flying" crowd would not question why someone would leave such a "good" job; they would only stab each other in the back to get in line for it.

Don't get your collective hopes up. My only skill is driving airplanes, I'm not leaving anytime soon :)

regards,
8N

Latest resources

Back