Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Does DALPA Want Closed Arbitration Hearings?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you hijack every Delta thread?

....not hijacking anything......

"There is an unresolved issue contained in the Ground Rules document regarding open hearings. Our firm belief is that the arbitration should be open to all Northwest and Delta pilots and their families. The Merger Committees have been unable to resolve this issue, and it will therefore be decided by the arbitration panel."

DALPA wants to control their version of the truth....just like the PID.....They are not to be trusted....

"There is an unresolved issue contained in the Ground Rules document regarding open hearings. Our firm belief is that the arbitration should be open to all Northwest and Delta pilots and their families. The Merger Committees have been unable to resolve this issue, and it will therefore be decided by the arbitration panel."

I'm curious as to why can't the Merger Committees resolve the issues? It's two ALPA units they can't hammer it out?

701EV

I'm curious as to why can't the Merger Committees resolve the issues? It's two ALPA units they can't hammer it out?

701EV

Of course not, dumb@$$.... ALPA units are not the same entity. We are all looking out for our own interests. If you don't understand that, I've got some really nice oceanfront property to sell you in AZ. Interested?

Of course not, dumb@$$.... ALPA units are not the same entity. We are all looking out for our own interests. If you don't understand that, I've got some really nice oceanfront property to sell you in AZ. Interested?

Which is precisely what 701EV was getting at.....You just made his point....We aren't a true union....

Which is precisely what 701EV was getting at.....You just made his point....We aren't a true union....

Exactly, and you solidified that with your frivilous lawsuit. Dividing regional/mainline pilots even more. Congrats, you and Ford & co. will go down in the history books as the same types of folks that worked for Eastern during the strike!;)

Having closed hearings is probably good for maintaining normal sleep patterns and promotion of good cardiac health.

Really, what good could come from open hearings? The die is cast.

Last edited:
"Of course not, dumb@$$.... ALPA units are not the same entity. We are all looking out for our own interests. If you don't understand that, I've got some really nice oceanfront property to sell you in AZ. Interested?"

Peanuckle, Got you hook, line, and sinker. Now if the price is right for that property maybe we can deal.

Joe, I didn't know anyone would bite that fast. They say their's one comming down the pike everyday.

"Exactly, and you solidified that with your frivilous lawsuit. Dividing regional/mainline pilots even more. Congrats, you and Ford & co. will go down in the history books as the same types of folks that worked for Eastern during the strike!"

Scope, I hope your kidding right?

1st. Chuck G the Delta MEC chairman did more damage than any lawsiut. If Chuck G would have been on the cutting edge and listened to the PID of 2000 and move foward with it. Their would not be Skywest, Mesa, Republic, Shuttle America, Chatauqua, and Pinnicle, doing all the Delta Connection flying. It would be Delta doing the flying. ASA and Comair would have been put at the bottom of Delta. Delta would own every bit of flying in the Delta world. Yes Delta pilots may have flown CRJ's, but that's better than being on the street. Oh wait, they did fly the CRJ for ASA at first year pay instead of whatever year they where at. Chuck G had a chance to make headlines in Flying the Line III. But, Chuck G said " If you want a job at Delta just apply". Now we have DCI doing over 50% of Delta flying and that sucks but, its never going to change.

2nd. If it wasn't for the RJDC lawsuit ASA and Comair would have had the Delta pilots shoved down our throats. Like the US Airways/Mid Atlantic screw up tha happened over their. So I guess it's ok for Delta and Pan Am pilots to sue ALPA but, God forbid anyone else sue ALPA for ALPA's screw up's!

701EV

??

Most court proceedings are open to the public. The NWA/Republic hearings were open. Personally I'd rather see both sides positions publicly with nothing to hide.

We've had way too much unsubstantiated "he-said-she-said" with the garden variety line pilots on both sides getting mushroom communications.

Let's have it in the open and see what both sides are really about.

From a recent NWA Merger Cmte update:

IMHO the hearing should be closed.

People attending the meeting and disagreeing with the arbitration just might interrupt the proceedings. Distracting the negotiators and Arbitrators might be counterproductive and adversely affect the final arbitration decision.

I'm all for open meetings, but not this one.

"1st. Chuck G the Delta MEC chairman did more damage than any lawsiut. If Chuck G would have been on the cutting edge and listened to the PID of 2000 and move foward with it. Their would not be Skywest, Mesa, Republic, Shuttle America, Chatauqua, and Pinnicle, doing all the Delta Connection flying. It would be Delta doing the flying. ASA and Comair would have been put at the bottom of Delta. Delta would own every bit of flying in the Delta world. Yes Delta pilots may have flown CRJ's, but that's better than being on the street.

yeah, and given that the Delta contract at the time did no require the Rjs to be flown by the mainline, how exactly would Chuck G have accomplished your ideal? We could have achieved one list, sure. But the company was under no obligation to honor it. How much would it have cost us to get them to put all the flying under one contract? Is there any price we could have paid to get the company to agree?

Look, Dalpa, and the other major MECs shoud have never given up RJ flying. But, once you give it up there is no way to get it back, one list or not. Management saves too much money to ever agree to moving the RJ flying to the mainline.

Your pipedream sounds good in theory, but in practice could not have been attained.

Latest resources

Back