Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
Long story short: I'm deploying in a few weeks - not on orders yet. I purchase my dental coverage through Tricare. Since active duty coverage backdates 90 days from the start of my orders, Tricare is telling me that I am not covered and have to see an active duty dentist. Nevermind the fact that there is not an active duty dentist within several hours from where I live! I thought there was some paperwork I could get so I could go to MY local dental office, but my unit, tricare, deers, etc are no help. VERY frustrating.

has anyone else encountered this or know a way around it?

Same thing happened to me. Do your best to go see a Tricare dentist/doctor, keep your bills, and then turn them in for reimbursement when you get orders. It took awhile, but I was reimbursed. Pretty convenient to offer coverage 90 days prior, but not give orders until 2 weeks prior huh?!

Ditto here. And, to put salt in the wound, the Army is claiming this is a national emergency and no dental repair is authorized, so they (Army Dental) will not do any repairs. The will only pull teeth.

Thank heaven that I moved my duty station that is covered by USAF Dental. Now, I'm getting my teeth fixed.

Latest resources

Back