WHY DID Transstate vote down GOJET TSA LOA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are You Kidding?

Look at the difference (or lack thereof) between the payscales for the EMB-145 vs. the CRJ-700 vs. the -900. Virtually none! It would have been one more poor acceptance to lower the bar in this vicious downward spiraling industry. Everyone should be proud of the way the TSA pilots voted and attempted to uphold, if not raise, the bar. Yes, we're paying the price now (no upgrade for many of us, downgrades for some, furloughs, call backs, etc.). It's a mess, but we did the right thing. Too bad the GoJet clowns have no respect for us, for themselves, or for this profession as a whole.

BTW the next ten pages of crap posted on this thread will probably be a complete waste of time to read..........so don't bother, just remember that only you can further your career when you think for yourself.

BTW the next ten pages of crap posted on this thread will probably be a complete waste of time to read..........so don't bother, just remember that only you can further your career when you think for yourself.
This comment on selfishness says it all. And no, I, along with many others were not "misguided". I thought through it for myself as did many others. As I mentioned in my first post, the result sucks, but no excuses. We're paying the price now, but at least I know we did the RIGHT thing. That's more than many others, especially GJ clowns and apparently you, can say. Crawl back in your hole. Bye bye.

Look at the difference (or lack thereof) between the payscales for the EMB-145 vs. the CRJ-700 vs. the -900. Virtually none! It would have been one more poor acceptance to lower the bar in this vicious downward spiraling industry. Everyone should be proud of the way the TSA pilots voted and attempted to uphold, if not raise, the bar. Yes, we're paying the price now (no upgrade for many of us, downgrades for some, furloughs, call backs, etc.). It's a mess, but we did the right thing. Too bad the GoJet clowns have no respect for us, for themselves, or for this profession as a whole.

The pay scales were only a part of why this crappy LOA was voted down. A 4 year contract extension on an already crappy contract was alone not worth it.

As if that weren't enough, some of the language in the LOA would allow the company to furlough out of seniority. That is crap. Then no increase in per diem, wage increases of 1.(something)% every 18 months, the fact GoJet was already staffed, etc., etc., etc.

It was a lose-lose situation. The vast majority of the pilot group decided to take a stand against the race to the bottom, despite the consequences of doing so.

Flame Bait!!!!! Swordfish is playing dumb, he knows everything there is to know about this subject. But I might be wrong maybe he's not playing dumb.

The answer plain and simple is because WE ARE NOT AS STUPID AS YOU.

Thats a pretty good point. The other point was the language that allowed the company to furlough outta senoirty because they would of furloughed by equipment. Since I was on the 41 and it looked like the 41 was going away and the 700 was here to stay, I would have been furloughed while some GoJet dudes kept MY job.... Thats why I voted no and I would again. I got downgraded..but at least I didn't get furloughed outta seniority.

September 9, 2005
Dear TSA Crewmember:
Your MEC has decided to let you, the TSA pilots, decide whether to accept the GoJet LOA. When I refer
to the GoJet LOA, this includes the three attachments to the LOA. You will cast one vote for the whole
package collectively. As you know, the Company and the Association have been in negotiations recently
over the terms of this LOA. Because time was of the essence, we asked the company to give us their best
and last proposal. While we had the opportunity to clarify the language, the GoJet LOA is, substantively,
the company’s last and best offer.
Here are the highlights of the GoJet Letter of Agreement and its attachments:​
��​
Extends the current agreement by four years.

��​
Establishes pay rates for the EMB-170/CRJ-700 & EMB-190/CRJ-900.

��​
Provides 1.5% pay bumps annually for all equipment.

��​
Creates a single seniority list composed of TSA and GoJet pilots.

��​
All TSA and GoJet flying will be performed by pilots on the TSA seniority list.

��​
Attachment 2, the NMB Certification Letter, is essentially the legal mechanism which ensures the
GoJet pilots will be represented by ALPA.

��​
Attachment 3, the Trans States Holdings Letter, ensures, among other things, that the TSA ALPA
contract will apply to GoJet and provides that if TSA or Trans States Holdings creates a carrier in the
future, it will come under the TSA CBA.
Pilots already hired by GoJet will keep the positions they have been assigned. They cannot be bumped
out of their position in the event of a reduction in another piece of equipment. They can be reduced from
their position in the event of a reduction in GoJet flying or a furlough. There are about 40 pilots who have
completed or are in GoJet training. The Company has purchased 10 CRJ-700s, with delivery expected by
December 18. Although they will not be precise, the Company has advised us they expect there will be
more growth in the 70-seat equipment.
Please read the GoJet LOA and its attachments carefully, attend the road shows, and call your
representatives if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Dario Miranda
TSA MEC Chairman

Latest resources

Back