• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why did the controller get so mad??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it is still possible... but odd that a guy would call antoher guy that. Though... in a pissing match there is usually very little logic applied. I still think what was stated above is why it got hostile.

T-Gates said:
And a DUDE took offense to this????
uhmm??? If someon called me a cu.nt, i'd kick his arse. Any insult is good enough for me to kick someones arse. Whats so good about being called a cu.nt if you're a male?

ATCER said:
I still think what was stated above is why it got hostile.

I can't see what was "so called" started. Did he type the rest of the conversation and then delete it? I don't get it!

TDTURBO said:
I can't see what was "so called" started. Did he type the rest of the conversation and then delete it? I don't get it!
agree, makes very little sense if any.

Let's review>

I was on a VFR cross country today, listening to ZAB center and heard the following exchange...

Airshuttle XXX - "Airshuttle XXX, we'll see you next time"

Center - "Say again?!?!?!"

Airshuttle XXX - "Ummm, Airshuttle XXX, we'll see you next time"

Center - "OK I know what that means, and you can call us when you get on the ground!" The controller proceeds to give him a number to call.

Airshuttle XXX - "I have no idea what you are talking about sir, but I'll call the number when we get on the ground."
What gives?
Sounds pretty harmless and unventful.

3 5 0

that just gave me an idea.

The pilot's response to that shoulda been "we'll give you a call, and why don't you have your supervisor mark the tape". Controllers are a little less bold when their voice is there right along with yours.

It won't hold water. The phrase "see you next time" is used all the time by pilots and controllers. Most probably don't know that it is used by some as a code. I think it's very childish and the controller needs a few days off to adjust his attitude.

49W said:
It won't hold water. The phrase "see you next time" is used all the time by pilots and controllers. Most probably don't know that it is used by some as a code. I think it's very childish and the controller needs a few days off to adjust his attitude.
Jeez...I say that all the time and never even THOUGHT that it might be a code for something else. If I had ever been called on it by a controller for it before I read this thread I wouldn't have had ANY idea what they were talking about.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back