• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Continental?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great Professionalism, excellent job furthering the idea that pilots work. GROW UP!

I'm not sure what you are so upset about? What he didn't mention was that he was still sitting on reserve the other days and he probably lives near his base. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. If you are flying 777 with any company you're not going to do 5 legs a day and work 18 days a month like a 737.

RocketRob said:
Well, uh... Been here a year now ; 98% of everybody you deal with is great; Got over 600 pilots below me; flying the 777 (dream bird) all over the world; oh yeah, I've worked 7 days this month.... total.

To ditto, I've been there 7 months, got a line immediately after IOE and been off no less than 16 days and as much as 19 days per month, and love flying the 737NG's on those 18 to 24 hour Carribbean overnights-St. Marteen, San Juan, St. Thomas.

A350 said:
CAL is a well run company with management that actually wants to run an airline.......

HUH??? give me a break...unless you are talking about SWA...no other management team in this industry gives a crap. Trust me, when those guys get greedy...they will jump ship and Continental will join the "We can't do this without help" party. Bethune was good...but none of those guys care...

flyhigh2610 said:
HUH??? give me a break...unless you are talking about SWA...no other management team in this industry gives a crap. Trust me, when those guys get greedy...they will jump ship and Continental will join the "We can't do this without help" party. Bethune was good...but none of those guys care...

Ok, I trust you.:laugh:

:rolleyes:

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Last edited:
Who does?

Why continental? because.....

As A350 says
"CAL is a well run company with management that actually wants to run an airline......."

Form 8-K for CONTINENTAL AIRLINES INC /DE/

31-Mar-2006
Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement

Item 1.01 Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement.
On March 29, 2006, the Human Resources Committee (the "Committee") of the Board of Directors of Continental Airlines, Inc. (the "Company") approved certain amendments to the Continental Airlines, Inc. Long-Term Incentive and RSU Program (the "Program").

The Program, as originally established by the Committee in 2004, included a restricted stock unit ("RSU") program based on absolute performance of the Company's Class B common stock ("Common Stock"). Under the original Program, RSUs vested during a performance period if the Common Stock achieved a targeted price as established by the Committee (based on a 20 trading day average price).

The Committee amended that program to align management's performance objectives with those of their co-workers under the Company's broad based Enhanced Profit Sharing Plan adopted in February 2005 in connection with the Company's wage and benefit reductions. Any future RSU awards granted under the amended program will only vest upon the achievement of profit-based performance targets. The profit-based performance targets, which will be set by the Committee in connection with any future RSU awards, will require that (1) the Company achieve target levels of cumulative profit sharing pools that are the basis for calculating distributions to employees under the Company's Enhanced Profit Sharing Plan, and (2) the Company achieve positive net income for the fiscal year in which the award vests. Once vested, an RSU award will pay out in cash in an amount calculated based on the number of RSUs subject to the award, times the Company's Common Stock price (based on a 20-day average price immediately prior to the payment date) times the payment percentage set by the Committee for achieving the applicable profit-based performance target.

To enhance retention, those payments will be made to participants in one-third increments with one year between the payments. Only participants who remain continuously employed through the payment date will receive a payment, with limited exceptions in the case of death, disability, retirement or certain involuntary termination events.

An additional payment hurdle has also been added that requires the Company to have a minimum unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and short term investments balance (as specified by the Committee in connection with any future RSU award) before a payment on an RSU award can be made. If the Company does not achieve the cash hurdle applicable to a payment date, the payment will be deferred to the next payment date (March 31 of the following year), subject to a limit on the number of years payments may be deferred.
In addition to the amendments described above, the Committee amended the Program to comply with the requirements of Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
The Committee did not make any new RSU awards under the amended program

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back