Why Can't We Be Released?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

I can't find anyone who can answer this with a definative answer. Yes, ASA wants to give us a .26$/hour raise. We want Skywest plus some %. The mediator suspended negotiations twice. What will it take for the mediator to step up to the plate if we're really that far apart? It seems to me that this is an indefinate stalemate, which continues to favor management. With a profit of 43 million, does this help our cause? The mediator seems to have to much controlling power. What about checks and balances? Anyone?

IFLYASA said:
What will it take for the mediator to step up to the plate if we're really that far apart?

What will it take? An administration that will appoint some labor-friendly members of the NMB. With the current attitude that the administration has towards labor, getting released is virtually impossible.

PCL_128 said:
What will it take? An administration that will appoint some labor-friendly members of the NMB.

It doesn't take a labor friendly administration it only takes a labor fair administration.

With the current attitude that the administration has towards labor, getting released is virtually impossible.

Its not impossible to get released. When NWA management wanted to lock out their mechanics the NMB rolled over and declared an impass in about 30 days from the start of mediation.

ASA pilots will get a release from the NMB just as soon as ASA management wants it to happen or GWB gets voted out of office. Which ever comes sooner.

DoinTime said:
ASA pilots will get a release from the NMB just as soon as ASA management wants it to happen or GWB gets voted out of office. Which ever comes sooner.
actually, ASA pilots will get released as soon as SkyW has had time to transfer enough planes and train enough pilots to replace ASA.

ohplease! said:
actually, ASA pilots will get released as soon as SkyW has had time to transfer enough planes and train enough pilots to replace ASA.

That's why we need to be released now. Say if this were the case, why would the mediator wait long enough for this to happen to begin with? Who's side is he on? Seems biased to me.

That's why we need to be released now. Say if this were the case, why would the mediator wait long enough for this to happen to begin with? Who's side is he on? Seems biased to me.

Welcome to the Bush Administration and his appointees.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back