• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why being a UAX carrier will suck...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks bud. I believe now 11 out of our 36 757s have the IFE, and all should be done by the end of FEB.(??)

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

General,

I know we have had this discussion before. The RJ's are not slated to compete head to head with 737's from SWA or anyone else. While true that some routes will overlap, ie BWI-RDU for SWA and IAD-RDU, for I-Air, the main mission for the RJ will be servicing markets that are too small for NB's. Many of these cities have no low-cost option. Frequency and closeness of IAD to many business travellers will be the selling point on those overlapping routes.

As far as RDU vs. IAD for a hub, I don't think they are planning to move the Capitol anytime soon, so I think I-Air's market is safe. As far as frequent flyers, please tell me how it is better to pay 70-85% more for a fare to get a free ticket somewhere overseas? That's like going to the most expensive Quicky-Lube place all year long so you can get a free car wash. As a consumer, I'd take the cheaper fare and use my savings to buy an international ticket on an airline of my choosing.

General Lee said:
Let's hope Indy doesn't turn into a RDU version of Midway. They had Airbuses, 73Ns, F100s and CRJs. They were also in a "high tech" boom area called the "Research Triangle" with plenty of businessmen in the area. They offered a lot of N to S operations from RDU, but also offered some West Coast. They also had small competition from RDU itself, but plenty of other competition surrounding it. The CRJ, with the 50 seats, cannot compete with lower fares compared to a Southwest 737. That will be the contest. Will the IAD area support Indy? Can the frequent flyers of other carriers who get free trips around the world change over to INDY with no INTL partners or a large frequent flyer program? Is that important anymore? It is with a booming economy. We shall see. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

shut up!!

Please all ACA pilots it is not anybody's buisness but our own about our plan for independance. I really don't think it is a good idea to tell everybody our plan. Let them speculate and make assumptions, cause god knows there are no experts on this board. This is our company buisness and no one elses so please stay quiet.
P.S. The UEX contracts have clauses in them where the rates can change at any time, yes you have to bargon but with MESA out there and "other" UEX companies wanting more flying for less pay do you really want to be part of that competition in the end your pay will be affected, oh yeah I forgot you get more flying though.
P.S.S.
General Lee, get a job already!!

Last edited:
Machdog1,

I have a job, and it pays a lot more than yours (even if we do get paycuts eventually).

Carl,

If people want to go to the "Capitol"--they will fly into DCA. IAD and the associated car traffic driving to the capitol $ucks(the cab ride expense makes up the low cost difference between your airline and one that goes to DCA). Don't tell me you haven't been stuck in that crazy traffic---it will drive anyone crazy---I have done it. Anyone with urgent business (like a businessman), would choose DCA.

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

"I have a job, and it pays a lot more than yours (even if we do get paycuts eventually). "

Comments like that is the reason everyone thinks you are a tool. If you are such a freakin' stud, then leave us poor "commuter trash" guys alone. (and enjoy that upcoming paycut). I had a guy in the jumpseat the other day doing observation rides who used to fly 747's and now is a newhire flying an RJ. no attitude at all. you might want to take notice of what professionalism means.

you're kind of like the Matt McCaunnaghy character in Dazed and Confused that sits around 10 years after graduating making fun of all of the guys in high school. "That's the best thing about high school girlz, i get older, they stay the same age."

Mookie:cool:

Whatever Mookie. I participate on this board because I am interested in the whole industry. I give my opinions on all subjects (and I donated $$$ so I can...), and if you don't like it---go somewhere else. I told Machdog1 the truth, and he said I needed to get a job---which I already have. He started it, and you sound like a tool yourself. Get over the "woe is me---I am in the regionals----don't bash me...." Many of my furloughed friends would love a job in the regionals, and some airlines---I won't mention--won't even give them the chance without signing their jobs away.....Nice. Good day!

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

no "woe is me" here. i was just commenting on your continual stated belief that since you make more money, that you are somehow superior to anyone. sounds pretty delusional to me. that's just like saying that Donald trump has more money, therefore better taste. what the hell is that rug on his head... you think someone would say something.

anyways...must have hit a nerve.

not a tool but TOOL is a killer band.
Mookie :cool:

Mookie,

Maybe I have a little "Howard Dean" in me (not really---I have a wife...), and I spaz sometimes. I really do care about this whole industry and I enjoy reading about the regionals, cargo, and the Majors. I try not to have a "superiority" complex, primarily because I think I am LUCKY to have this job, not entitled to have it. I understand that--trust me. I was there at a commuter (back then not a regional yet), and I understand the way they are treated. I have argued with many 727FOs (when I was the FE a few years back) that they have "no clue" what they are talking about when they slam the regional guys.

Overall, I like to give my opinion on a lot of topics, and sometimes someone hits a nerve and I respond.

Also, I saw on Leno that Trump didn't have a hair piece (he pulled back his hair and showed the audience his "hair line"). And, that band Tool is one that I really am not familiar with. I'll try to look it up on the internet.

Sorry about the tool remark. I really am not a nasty guy---just one with a small temper sometimes....

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

"I have a job, and it pays a lot more than yours (even if we do get paycuts eventually)."

General you might make more money, but your ship over there (I.E Big Delta) is taken on water just like every other major..

I really don't know why you feel so good about taken the fat ckeck home while your airline is losing money...

On the other hand i think Delta has done a great job with Song. No disrespect to the General..

dA-RoCk

Latest resources

Back