• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonlifer - just wondering where you got the Boeing ratings at "your regional?"

Also wondering why, if everything "sucks" why don't you try working to improve it? Join the scheduling committee, or contract committee.

I've put my educational background on this board before and do not care to make an issue of it, but lack of qualifications is not the issue for the vast majority of the regional pilot group.

Truth is that there are not going to be as many "major" airline jobs as a percentage of domestic flying jobs because domestic narrow body flying has been deemed by ALPA to be undesirable flying to be allowed at the Regionals.

In 1970 Delta had DC-9's doing the exact same flying ASA performs today and B737's and 727's are being replaced with CRJ700's. Since it takes two, or three, CRJ's to replace the capacity of the old Boeings I think you can see where the jobs are going to be....

Regional flying is the same as narrow body domestic flying except for the arbitrary restrictions negotiated by ALPA. ALPA's policies are going to result in many more "lifer's" as you call them. We might as well make the best of it....

Get Another Job

nonlifer said:
At my regional the contract sucks, the pay sucks, there is no retirement, and seniority doesn't matter because all the schedules suck! I'm guessing the lifers don't have a college degree, have poor inteviewing skills, or have aircraft violations.

Get another job, you don't seem to be very happy, and that is not very healthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back