• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's definitely for the love of it. However, there have been times when I have almost wished that this wasn't so; as I have endued a lot of personal hardship and heartache, along the way. These are the things we do for love.

I did it because I have loved planes since I was a little kid.

I, too, did the office thing and gave up a good career for aviaiton. The folks I met in my first aviation job (at the old Atlantic Coast Airlines) convinced me to start my pilot ratings.

While I am currently side tracked with an office job, I cannot wait to get back to flying. Everytime I see a plane, I wish I was flying it.

While making a career change from social services to sales I found myself miserable. A couple of freinds flew for the majors and their life style sounded great. flexible schedules where they were able to get 3 weeks off without using vacation time etc... and then get to travel for virtually free when off for those 3 weeks. While at work they were not in some cubicle behind a desk. I decided to take an intro flight to see if I liked flying. I was absolutely hooked. I have not looked back and I love what I do. I just hope the flexible schedules will still be part of the package in the future.

Office Space sucks.

Process of elimination. I suck at everything else. Some say I suck at flying, too.

Seriously, it was probably my dad's fault. He was a big-time airplane junkie. Used to take me to air shows, flew RC's, built the entire Revell and Monogram catalog on our kitchen table with me looking over his shoulder.

I can still smell the Testor's!

Crazy thing was, he didn't want me to fly REAL planes. He thought it was too dangerous.

Guess I showed him.

I am in it for the babes. No seriously I am in it for the money. I made 21,562 dollars this year beat that! I am living the nice life.

Latest resources

Back