Why are you surprised????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TAZ MAN said:
Didn't I go through the whole reason why for you? And you still don't get it?

Did I ever blame the ills of ATA on C8? No.

Ultimately it was your managements decision to work with ATA. Thats why they are ultimately responsible. You guys should have stayed on your own. I'm not saying your management was incompetent. They ultimately made the wrong decision.

Just because ATA made some money at one time didn't make them successful.

If the airlines made all the changes that all the employees suggested, they would be out of business in nothing flat.

Lets see when ATA bought C8 they had a codeshare with them and at the time it was a good deal for both companies.

At that time ATA (that risky company) had been in business for 25 years. There was a marketing plan in place by the current CEO (John Tague) to build and expand the company. At that time business was good, business was expanding, MDW was building a new terminal and it was a good plan.

Did I say anything about changes that employees suggested? All these "suggested" changes were plans produced by management to follow through with the marketing plan presented to them at the time of the sale.

Yes, it would have been great to have not been bought by ATA but it was needed at the time. Yes, it would have been great if ATA sold the company to group of investors that wanted to purchase it. Yes, it would have been great if ATA had "really" wanted to sell the company at the end instead of just shutting the doors on March 28th, and then at the last second deciding they wanted to sell it. It is too bad because there is a market at MDW for the service provided by Chicago Express. ATA could have made more money selling a working airline versus a liquidation.

Latest resources

Back