• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WHY are these being "Moved" ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We could put you back in the LCC section if you like... That *WAS* one of the proposals... all the LCC's back into the LCC/National section and only Legacies in the "Majors".

Somehow, I don't think that's what you had in mind... ;) :D

Uh... Not exactly. :laugh:

I was pot stirring and you called me on it. :p

Gup

An RJ is a Regional Jet.

I know you know this, but I *appreciate* you stirring the pot. The angrier that mainline pilots get about it, the better we'll be able to take back (or at least stop the degradation) of Scope givebacks.

t ;)

YMMV
So it is not the airplane size, it is who flies it. If they fly it under your airlines name, but it is not on your certificate it is a Regional airplane, even if it is a B-717 or a B-747 right? An airline like ACA that became Independence flying CRJ's was not regional because they flew under their own certificate and did not code share, right?

So it is not the airplane size, it is who flies it. If they fly it under your airlines name, but it is not on your certificate it is a Regional airplane, even if it is a B-717 or a B-747 right? An airline like ACA that became Independence flying CRJ's was not regional because they flew under their own certificate and did not code share, right?
Correct, or at least, that's my interpretation/opinion of it, which is worth exactly what it cost you.

ACA became a National carrier when they went independent (excuse the pun).

By that token, as I mentioned before, Republic now isn't really a Regional anymore, either. I'd put them in the National bracket, even though their income structure is likely enough to put them into a "Major" cateogry.

FlightInfo's "Majors" section has evolved to where any large "career" airline flying Boeings / Airbus gets lumped in. While I don't think this is either good or bad, it's where everyone is used to posting and I think most pilots at Majors/Legacies/LCC's agree for the most part on how they are perceived.

Could be wrong; it's happened before. :)

Easiest way to determine if a plane is an RJ or not...look at the paycheck that accompanies it.

Does this mean Allegiant flies RJ's? Sun Country? Where do you determine the cut-off to be?

No airline pilot is going to be paid $150 an hour to fly a 50 or 70 seat airplane. Most airline pilots are paid by the size of the aircraft. Bigger planes do mean bigger paychecks. The problem as I see it are those pilots who accept too little pay in order to achieve a faster upgrade. They are worse than PFT because they are dragging down the pay for those who like their current jobs. If more regional pilots would fight for a better and higher paying contract, we wouldn't see this race to the bottom with substandard RJ contracts plaguing the entire industry.

How about moving all airlines to the "Airlines" section? If I'm representative of the average FI user I spend 95% of my time in the "Majors" and "Regionals" sections. I'm also interested in cargo and LCC stuff, but rarely visit those sections because the content isn't updated nearly as much.

Latest resources

Back