WHY are these being "Moved" ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whine Lover

I don't know, it might be the webmaster. Usually I can see who has moderated a thread and there's a reason associated with it.

I move things from time to time, but I disagree with moving the AirTran threads as well. I'll look into it and let you know.

Rich

Airtran is a "Major Airline" by any definition of the term.

To be fair, all American Eagle posts should be moved to this Forum....As well as Comair and a few others.

While true, it does make organizing difficult. My humble recommendation is to rename the category "Legacies" and keep the appropriate airlines in this category and keep the present "Regional" and "LCC/National" categories as they are. Better yet, remove "national" from the latter category and just leave it as "Low Cost Carrier".

Thanks for the compliments.. Moving It was easy.. I just went to the LCC section.. "which stands for Low Cost Carrier" and moved the thread back to the Majors.. which by definition are the Legacy carriers..

The sections have nothing to do with the amount of money they make or how big they are.. I was simply trying to keep FI organized based on the forum area's intended use..

Maybe we should just move all the LCC area here to the majors...content here does not seem to matter anyway....

Have at boys..

You should be moving ALL the US Airways stuff to the LCC/Nationsl then as Uncle Dougie says they have a low cost model, and hell their stock symbol is LCC.

I'll make it easy.

If it's got props or is an RJ it goes on the regional section.

And WN should get our own special thread since we are so much better than everybody else.

Gup

Rj?

I'll make it easy.

If it's got props or is an RJ it goes on the regional section.

And WN should get our own special thread since we are so much better than everybody else.

Gup
what is an RJ?, how many seats defines an RJ? E190 110 seats, DC-9-30 107 seats, what is an RJ?

what is an RJ?, how many seats defines an RJ? E190 110 seats, DC-9-30 107 seats, what is an RJ?
An RJ is a Regional Jet.

Regional Jets are operated by Regional affiliate carriers. If that's ALL they operate (RJ's and TP's), then they're a Regional carrier.

I know you know this, but I *appreciate* you stirring the pot. The angrier that mainline pilots get about it, the better we'll be able to take back (or at least stop the degradation) of Scope givebacks.

With the way domestic feed is going in this country, 100- to 110-seat jets (and tuboprops - Q400's for short haul) is going to eventually make up more than half of the ASM's (it almost does now). Pilots will Scope themselves right out of a career if they're not aggressive at re-capturing that flying. 70 seats is bad enough...

That said, I think we've got the forum moves taken care of. Although I agree the benchmark for what defines a "Major" is a bit outdated, in terms of a purely revenue-driven viewpoint (in that sense, Republic and many other Regionals are considered Majors these days), it would be a bit of an upset to the community to suddenly start pushing their career airline out of the Majors forum and back into the LCC forum, especially when some of those "Majors" are the only profitable airlines for the last decade or so... ;)

YMMV

Gup
We could put you back in the LCC section if you like... That *WAS* one of the proposals... all the LCC's back into the LCC/National section and only Legacies in the "Majors".

Somehow, I don't think that's what you had in mind... ;) :D

Latest resources

Back