Why all the fireworks last night? 9/7/08

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Iflewjetz

I was departing HPN (White Plains) at 9pm. It all started on the ground. A good fireworks display that you could see from Landmark looking toward the sound. I assume they were across the sound, but dont know. Thought that was cool. We start to fly toward biggy intersection and there was another one. Just North and West of TEB. Thought, that was cool also. Then look over the Verazano Narrows bridge toward the ocean. Dont know what city that is, but, bam, there is another fireworks display and it looks like it is between the beach and a big body of water. Then bam, another one about 10 to 20 miles West of that going toward Philly. Mind you we were climbing through 250 going down J75 past GVE. Then we saw one West of PHL. We couldnt believe it and still wonder if we saw what we saw. We counted seven (7) fireworks displays that night. We thought was it a holiday, no. Baseball games, maybe, but not major league.

I have flown on the 4th of July and havent spotted that many. It was last night, Sunday September 7th, 2008.

Anybody else see this?

Parents celebrating their kids going back to school on Monday?:D Sorry, I have no clue what it all might have been about.

Fireworks seen from the air are pretty neat, especially with a water backdrop.

Then look over the Verazano Narrows bridge toward the ocean. Dont know what city that is, but, bam, there is another fireworks display and it looks like it is between the beach and a big body of water.

that would be part of nyc

Latest resources

Back