• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's flyin to Indy this weekend?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Called million air 20 min ago to ask how many were going to try and leave @ midnight when the TFR drops. I was quoted between 400-500 aircraft. At Million Air alone. LOL. Its gonna be complete chaos. Why the hell didnt the Feds require slots? This the first one I have ever been to that hasnt had STIMPS in place.

We arrived later on Sunday around 1300 local and departed at 0130 local. (needed 10 hours at hotel for crew rest) No issues whatsoever. Even got deiced at the US postal ramp due to frost on the wings which took 20 minutes and we were # 8 for departure. I would say millionaire and IND tower made it pretty easy and efficient. TEB should take lessons from those guys.

We arrived later on Sunday around 1300 local and departed at 0130 local. (needed 10 hours at hotel for crew rest) No issues whatsoever. Even got deiced at the US postal ramp due to frost on the wings which took 20 minutes and we were # 8 for departure. I would say millionaire and IND tower made it pretty easy and efficient. TEB should take lessons from those guys.

You lucky! Stayed overnight. 400 bucks for a Comfort Inn, at least it was only a few miles away. Scheduled out at 0930. Showed just before 830, took 15 min to get a bus ride to the plane, then almost an hour for fuel. Once loaded and running there was one (1), yes one ramp freq for ALL the FBO non-movement areas including the cargo and postal ramps. Haven't heard that much squealing since Deliverance. If you were able to get ahold of ramp the response was pretty much get in a line and good luck, contact metering when you're number 1 somewhere. Also had frost and were planning on deicing but by the time we even got close to the pad on the old terminal ramp it had all melted. With all the twy intersections and no real metering people were cutting each other off left and right. Ended up getting airborne about 1:15 after block out, which probably wasn't that bad considering. I too am shocked there wasn't slots required, but the real surprise was the free-for-all that resulted from a lack of any sort of organization getting people metered and sequenced for departure. At least the Bombardier setup was pretty cool.

Latest resources

Back