Who's doing AQP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

I'm looking for some feedback on who's got the program (AQP) at their airline. The FAA's website doesn't quite put it in simple terms but I'm crurious as to how it works and how do you like it.

Regionals, I assume? Off the top of my head, Horizon and Piedmont have it. We had it at my old airline, and I miss it compared to the old school ways of doing things where I am now.

Mesa CRJs have it and the DHC-8 will have it in a few months. It will be extra sim time, but it will be train to proficiency.

I'm looking for some feedback on who's got the program (AQP) at their airline. The FAA's website doesn't quite put it in simple terms but I'm crurious as to how it works and how do you like it.

ASA's AQP program will be up and running in about 9 months. That's the word, so count on about 1 year and 9 mo! It's cheaper to operate than our current system, so I assume OO will have it in place as well.

Trojan

I don't know if you looked at it but there is a whole subpart to 121 on it as well as an AC.

Comair has been using AQP for a few years now. It's a pretty nice system if you ask me. Head into the SIM once a year. 2 Part event. Day 1 is a maneuvers validation where you run through maneuvers and training scenarios and train to proficiency. Day 2 is an Oral followed by a LOFT. Line checks are supposedly at random. Could have 7 in one month or not have one for a few years. I believe PICs must have one every 12 months, but could be wrong about that.

If you do a search on AQP i asked the question a few months back. With the new nprm in Jan by the FAA most all the 121 carriers will soon be there if the FAA gets their wish

Latest resources

Back