• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's certificate???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't see it. I only know the N-Number. Thanks though.

Ok...now you have to go into stalker mode. Take the N-Number to flightaware.com or your favorite tracking website and find out what airport it flies into most often. That will likely be its home base.

Use that information to go to the FAA website and find a list of operators at that airport. Then, see which operators have that aircraft type and if you are lucky only one will operate the type of aircraft you saw.

http://av-info.faa.gov/OpCert.asp?SrchBy=Location

I didn't think you were required to have the certificate holders name legible on the exterior. It's the name or certificate number. I don't recall ever seeing a 135 aircraft with the certifiacte holders name on the outside. There may be some cargo operators that have the name there.

Concerning the other fellow trying to figure out who's certificate the aircraft is on, my question is why? If you're looking for a job, go up and introduce yourself to the crew. If you are trying to sell something, you can get the owners address off the FAA website.

I didn't think you were required to have the certificate holders name legible on the exterior. It's the name or certificate number. I don't recall ever seeing a 135 aircraft with the certifiacte holders name on the outside. There may be some cargo operators that have the name there.

Concerning the other fellow trying to figure out who's certificate the aircraft is on, my question is why? If you're looking for a job, go up and introduce yourself to the crew. If you are trying to sell something, you can get the owners address off the FAA website.

Could be he is trying to determine if his competition is operating legally.

If you have a certificate number, you can get the name of the operator and a copy of their D85 by filing a Freedom of Information Act request with the FSDO. I've found if you call them, they will pony up the information as soon as you say "public record" and "FOIA" in the same sentence.

Latest resources

Back