whoops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/17/sports/FBN-Bills-Plane.php

Buffalo Bills take bus home from Cleveland after charter plane gets stuck in mud

The Associated Press
Monday, December 17, 2007
CLEVELAND: The Buffalo Bills charter plane got stuck in the mud Monday, so the team traveled home by bus.
The pilot took too wide a turn from one taxiway to another at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and the front wheel of the plane got stuck, airport spokeswoman Pat Smith said. The team was not on board the plane.
"It wasn't snowing at the time. We don't know why he did this," Smith said.
The Bills, who lost to the Cleveland Browns 8-0 on Sunday, decided to take charter buses back to Buffalo. The five-bus caravan is expected to arrive by early afternoon.
"Everybody's fine and everybody's anxious to get home," Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said.
The Bills spent Sunday night in Cleveland after their flight was canceled by heavy snow, which also was a factor in the game.
Players were given the rest of the day off and not scheduled back until Wednesday, when they resume practice for the game against the New York Giants in Buffalo's home season finale.
The plane, which got stuck around 8 a.m., was towed out of the mud. It didn't affect other flights.

Yes, it was me in the right seat. I was too busy on my laptop at the time the Capt was taxiing, and you are right, I was looking at Flightinfo! I thought he had it under control and I could get a "quick fix" of my favorite website. Darn it!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Must have been a Southwest charter. They seem to have problems keeping their planes on the runways.

Latest resources

Back