• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whole Foods

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fantastic selection of healthy gourmet food and delicious everything else, but I dare not shop there. It's painful enough to peruse the wonderfully appetizing aisles and walkout empty handed. :(

Not yet in the income bracket to shop at places like Whole Foods. As expensive as they are, their mark-up is even higher out in NYC. Rich kids, trust funders and the elite get to shop there. Sometimes I go down the block to Trader Joe's. Good eccletic selection at lower premium prices.

Last edited:
Fantastic selection of healthy gourmet food and delicious everything else, but I dare not shop there. It's painful enough to peruse the wonderfully appetizing aisles and walkout empty handed. :(

Not yet in the income bracket to shop at places like Whole Foods. As expensive as they are, their mark-up is even higher out in NYC. Rich kids, trust funders and the elite get to shop there. Sometimes I go down the block to Trader Joe's. Good eccletic selection at lower premium prices.

I second Trader Joe's. That place makes its possible for poor pilots to eat somewhat healthy food. I had the same thoughts on them. Huge chain spread out all over the country. They must have a nice flight department. This is directly from their website,

"We strip away all the fancy stuff and focus on the important things like natural ingredients and inspiring flavors. We run a pretty lean ship, too - you won’t find any corporate jets or fancy offices around here. Heck, our CEO doesn’t even have a secretary!"

dammit. and I so wanted my pilot uniform to be a hawaiian shirt.

Last edited:
Ha-

I worked for TJ's out of college and put in 12 years there. From stock to Regional VP making 6 figures, quit to fly airplanes. Every job has it's downsides, I am sure if I were still there I'd be on my second bypass. You work A LOT!
Kinda like Corporate flying...just less money.

And they will never have a flight department, totally against corporate culture. They are privately owned by a German, who is hugely rich and I don't think he has one either.

Latest resources

Back