• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

who will pick up aca's flying for UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWAC, Mesa, SkyWest and TSA would be my guess. No one could just pick it up. Besides UAL is trying to deversify(sp) its routes what a better way to do it. Know for the room and gates, not as big a problem as many may think. It could be done like Mesaba in MSP(don't know if it is still done this way it has been a couple of years) where you go to the gate at the main terminal and then all the PAX board a bus and take you to the steps of the SAAB or it could be done like SkyWest does it in LAX or SFO where you board a bus and it takes you to a remote terminal building that is made out of trailers!

IAD has those crappy people movers; maybe their not extinct after all. "Just shut it down on the taxi way Airshuttle the mobile breadbox will be out in a minute."

The only possible place to park these replacement airplane would be near B49 on the west side near spot 72. We used to park the 32s and some 41s out there around 98. We called it the Leper Colony. Pax loved it--not. The area across from B49 is currently used to park Saudi and a couple other foreign heavies. No matter where they park the UAX carriers, if it involves buses or remote parking, it will be a horrible experience for passengers and UAL's efficiency will suffer horrendously bc of it.

I think UAL is in trouble--in both IAD and long term. I think ACA decided that it was just better to cut the cord now and be in control of their own destiny to some degree. Its ballsy and bold, but with great risk comes potentially great reward. Win lose or draw, at least ACA knows it did what it could to make it.

In regard to UAL, how much longer can they keep losing $600+million a quarter? And how do you get positive cash-flow out of those types of #s? Creative accting i guess. And all that was with the Iraq war $. It seems that if UAL is to emerge from Chp 11, they will only soon slip back into it again. Does anyone really want to be a part of all this all over again??? I really feel for all the employees at UAL.

Best of luck to all the employees in this industry right now.

MSP and DTW have jetway boarding for all Mesaba and Pinnacle flights. MEM has jetway boarding for all a/c except the saabs.

FO

Zkmayo,

SARS also had a huge impact on their INTL flying in the Pacific. And, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. United is supposed to show some sort of profit by OCT---unless they can work it out with the banks again. How much did the banks loan them anyway? I thought it was $1.5 billion? Well, they lost over $1billion in the 1st quarter, and $632 million this quarter. They might be helped by the July 4th weekend and AUG and SEP flying for this current quarter, but I don't know if the ASIA flying is back up to full speed. It might be getting a little IFFY over there.....
I hope they can do it, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back