• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
empenage said:
Hope....is a good thing.

What movie was that from?

I don't know about your "hope is a good thing" but mine wasn't from any movie. Faith is the one most dominant force in the history of the world. Not money. More decisions have been made as well as countries ran by their ruler's faiths and it has been the biggest determination in the worlds future. Faith in something is good. Blind or not. I have faith in my self and that is what keeps me going and trying my best. If you dont have it in yourself then you won't be doing your absolute best and will be overtaken by someone who is doing theirs. By having faith you know you are doing the right thing. Sooner or later it will pay off.

ToiletDuck said:
I don't know about your "hope is a good thing" but mine wasn't from any movie. Faith is the one most dominant force in the history of the world. Not money. More decisions have been made as well as countries ran by their ruler's faiths and it has been the biggest determination in the worlds future. Faith in something is good. Blind or not. I have faith in my self and that is what keeps me going and trying my best. If you dont have it in yourself then you won't be doing your absolute best and will be overtaken by someone who is doing theirs. By having faith you know you are doing the right thing. Sooner or later it will pay off.

Right...gotch ya.

ToiletDuck said:
Faith in something is good. Blind or not. I have faith in my self and that is what keeps me going and trying my best. If you dont have it in yourself then you won't be doing your absolute best and will be overtaken by someone who is doing theirs. By having faith you know you are doing the right thing. Sooner or later it will pay off.
Thanks for that, Deepak Chopra. :rolleyes: Wise words on how to make it in this industry from someone who hasn't (yet.)

Bluto said:
Thanks for that, Deepak Chopra. :rolleyes: Wise words on how to make it in this industry from someone who hasn't (yet.)

At what point did anyone become successful without faith? If you don't have it then might as well move on. What motivates you to try and take such a positive thing and make it negative? "Wise words on how to make it in this industry" he says... It's mentioned some 12,295 times in the Bible alone and it's the basis of every religion in the world. Can't make it anywhere without it. I'm not even what you would consider super religious but I still understand the magnitude of it.

I don't think the Bible was targeting flying. I've read your post at least a dozen times and of all things I've ever come across I think it was the most stupid I've ever had the unfortunate pleasure of reading. Well that and your bragging of how you managed to so wittingly "invent" the term SJS (shiny jet syndrom). Without believing in yourself and being motivated about what you do what hope do you have in life or anything else for that matter? What a dang naysayer.

Would you like me to get someone who has made it to say the same thing to be more credible?

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
When I left the factory, I was packing ass wipe in a case by hand

this answers some questions... ;)

FN FAL said:
I'm too old to go back to bending over a corrugated box

ahh but you're never too old to start bending over....especially in this industry. :)

gotta admit tho. this is much better than working for a living. we do have our problems to deal with and fires to put out, but over all its a good deal. not many people get to do what they love for a living. not many people have the schedule flexibility that we have. not many people get to see the sunsets like we do from their cubicle. not many people get to see an aurora borealis from 30k feet.

in my experience i have found that most (not all) of the people who dont appreciate their jobs havent really had a real job. there will naturally be exceptions.

the following quote doesnt apply as much these days as it did back in the golden age of flying, but its still a good quote. 5 points to anyone who can identify the source:

"where else do they give you a multi million dollar airplane, fill it full of booze and women and send you off some place far away?"

dash8driver said:
this answers some questions... ;)
Yea, I suppose having worked for a living is detrimental :)

dash8driver said:
ahh but you're never too old to start bending over....especially in this industry. :)
I hear you, but when you get to a certain age, nobody want's any that. They just wan't the young succulent ones that are cheaper by the dozen.

Latest resources

Back