• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who uses ACARS???????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA's is severely limited. No PDC, no weight & balance, no outstation capability. Basically all you can do is OOOI, D-ATIS, and free text to the dispatcher. The couple of times I've tried to use it to get dispatch, I've never gotten a response. Then again, I might be doing it wrong.

Lucky bastards, the 742 doesn't have it and we have some serious dead areas with HF

The CHQ 145's may not have them but the Shuttle 170s do. Don't know about Republic.

Republic uses ACARS for times and comm with the company - our ACARS are not set up for ATIS, clearance or W&B - although I hear the W&B is comming.

If I were running the company I wouldn't have it do the times. Let the crews report it to ops via radio then your always on time.

All USAF C-17s have it, but we are not allowed to use it yet. Of course, I'm sure we (you) are paying for it.

Republic uses ACARS for times and comm with the company - our ACARS are not set up for ATIS, clearance or W&B - although I hear the W&B is comming.

If I were running the company I wouldn't have it do the times. Let the crews report it to ops via radio then your always on time.

The passengers still know when you arrive late. Just ignoring the problem and calling ontime will never fix the real problem. Hire more rampies!!! or fire some.

acars is sweet

its sweet cuz if the other guy is the strong silent type you still have someone to talk (text to). Although "SEL CALL" message gets really old

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back