Who takes jumpseaters to TLV?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Motown

It's getting impossible to jumpseat to Israel these days, especially now that Delta is down to just one flight per day. I've been reading these boards for years, and many cargo pilots are inviting us to jumpseat... but finding out who flies where is tough. FedEx isn't allowing jumpseaters on international flights, right? What about everyone else? I'll bring gifts... just tell me what goes over well on long flights. (Amann would work, too, but Israel would be much easier.)

Thanks.

The freighters can't take you.

Hey Motown,

We would be happy to give you a ride if we could. The trouble is that at present, no U.S. carrier is authorized international cockpit jumpseaters. The vast majority of freighters do not have cockpit doors. Therefore everyone we haul on board is considered "cockpit".

There is a strong rumor that this will be changing for the better soon, but until we get international cockpit jumpseats back, you are restricted to a passenger cabin.

Not exactly true....Atlas and Kalitta can take you. Trouble is you never know their skd. But it is worth a call to see if either of them have flights going in that direction.

Hey Motown,

We would be happy to give you a ride if we could. The trouble is that at present, no U.S. carrier is authorized international cockpit jumpseaters. The vast majority of freighters do not have cockpit doors. Therefore everyone we haul on board is considered "cockpit".

As the other guy pointed out, that's not entirely true. FedEx and UPS management has certain TSA security directives they don't comply with, hence they don't allow international jumpseating to offline pilots.

Many of the ACMI carriers DO choose to comply the directives due to the nature of their ad-hoc/contract carriage business models. Therefore, allowing them to carry an offline pilot international. Even though there is no cockpit door installed.

And YES, we all know the TSA has recently made a change to international cockpit jumpseating rules. But by the time it trickles down to each individual airline, and each individual airline changes their own policies/procedures will probably take an eternity. That's IF the individual airlines decide to allow it.

To the OP, does CAL still serve TLV? Even so, just like DAL, it may be a busy route segment that rarely has seats in back. And even then, maybe they're frequently "payload maximized" restricting seats and packing it with cargo.

I checked out the ALPA Jumpseat guide online, and it shows that many cargo cariers do allow international jumpseaters. The problem I'm having is finding out who actually flies into Israel.

FedEx doesn't allow international jumpseaters.

My friend at UPS says they don't fly into Israel; they have a contract carrier flying that route.

So... does Kalita fly to Israel? Atlas/Polar? World? Omni? Evergreen? Anybody? Do any of these carriers have schedules posted?

It's getting frustrating to find a flight anywhere. It appears that Delta no longer flies into Amman, Cairo, Athens. Other middle-east cities don't have service to Israel (Dubai, Abu Dahbi, Kuwait). Relations with the Turks have deteriorated to the point that I'd rather avoid it if possible. Of course, I'll try Delta and Continental when the time comes, but their flights are always so full... having a cargo option would have been nice.

Call the companies and ask. They are not scheduled airlines so you have to just keep calling when you are getting close to your departure date.

Evergreen will take you, but you will be on the A/C for 4 or more legs before getting to TLV. Would be a very long day.

Evergreen will take you, but you will be on the A/C for 4 or more legs before getting to TLV. Would be a very long day.

Where do they depart on their way to TLV? Maybe I could meet their aircraft where ever that may be. Do they have an online schedule like FedEx and others?

Thanks!

JFK would be the only place on the way out there to pick up a ride.

You have to be Cass and call dispatch to list. The corporate number is on our web site.

We have carried numerous off line J/S. Really not a hard process at all.

Latest resources

Back