Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

luv2fly

SWA FO
Which reg. carrier was it that skidded off the runway last night. The plane was US Air colors.

[SIZE=+2]Plane skids off runway at Green; no one hurt

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]0909 PM EST on Sunday, December 16, 2007

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]By EDWARD FITZPATRICK
Journal Staff Writer
[/SIZE] An airplane slid off the runway at T.F. Green Airport on Sunday, bringing incoming and outgoing flights to a halt on a day when 5.6 inches of snow fell at the airport.
A US Airways Express flight carrying 31 passengers and three crew members from Philadelphia slid off the runway shortly before 5 p.m., according to Barb Jones, spokeswoman for Air Wisconsin, a regional carrier for US Airways.
No injuries were reported, Jones said. She said she assumed the incident was related to the weather, but she said she did not know for sure and had no further information about what happened. She said Flight 3758 was a CRJ200 jet that seated 50 passengers.
The airport closed both runways for about 2 ½ hours, bringing flights into and out of the airport to a halt, airport spokeswoman Patti Goldstein said. One of the runways reopened at about 7:30 p.m., so flights were able to resume then, she said.

This makes me think of the other day, when we landed in MSP and breaking action was poor at best. Nothing on ATIS and nothing from ATC about it. When I was in the flare I could see the ice patches. Good thing that it was a small plane for a long runway and winds were calm. With some stiff xwind we could have been mowing the grass.

What is up with that?

This makes me think of the other day, when we landed in MSP and breaking action was poor at best. Nothing on ATIS and nothing from ATC about it. When I was in the flare I could see the ice patches. Good thing that it was a small plane for a long runway and winds were calm. With some stiff xwind we could have been mowing the grass.

What is up with that?

Not to be a smart-a$$...but it's MSP in the winter. Pretty much normal runway conditions. If it was poor, did you give a pirep? If you did then it would be in the ATIS stating that "Braking advisories are in effect". Most anticipate some patchy ice on the runways this time of year.

Should of ask what it was once you checked on with tower.

"Should of"? Gosh...

I did not state this but it was 10 and clear and no precipitation. There was no reason to ask.

--------------

xjcap,

I am not trying to be rude but just because it is MSP it is not OK to not say anything about ice on the runway. Just because you fly to MSP do you calculate an unreported breaking action into your performance as well? So what do you figure for breaking action just because it is MSP? Nill? I did not think so.

This is a regulated business, it should have been reported and on the ATIS. I did give a PIREP. I guess I was the first. It is a mandatory report. If the plane behind you slides off the runway after you have landed they will ask you about breaking action and weather you have reported it or not will be an issue.

Or, check with your Dispatcher...they have alot of good info...and they can contact ATC for you...

Latest resources

Back