who needs a list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
Not to be a dumb head, but what's the deal with GJ? I don't really know much about them, so I had to ask.

They obviously are union(?), but not ALPA...is that the main beef?

An alter ego carrier with the manifest purpose of circumventing the APA scope clause with American, and the latent purpose of circumventing ALPA at Trans States.

fuelflow said:
19 pilots (out of 19 line pilots) in the first class at GJ filled out authorization cards, all of which are line pilots and Check Airmen at GJ. One pilot was formerly a Manager of Training at United Feeder Service (TSA's last spinoff company) about 6 years ago, and one was an Assistant Chief Pilot at TSA for little over a year.

The original cards were not "thrown out as illegal" - the IBT voluntarily withdrew them under ALPA threat of litigation for premature submission. The NMB had already certified the IBT as representing the GJ pilots. The IBT will resubmit for certification in a month or two.

I suppose if there could be a silver lining to this whole sordid mess. That being if the teamsters managed something like an industry leading contract. Wishfull thinking I know, more likely they will end up in the lower half.

Trimmers said:
Interesting how the teamsters are talking up the pilots wanting their representation when it was MANAGMENT that originally pushed for the teamsters because of how weak they represent the flight attendants at Trans States. It was the GJ flight managers who voted for the teamsters. That vote has since been thrown out as illegal. Also starting in August Trans States crews will be covering GJ routes because they can't get their certificate. Bring on the greivance. "Your Honor, we have been flying those routes since August." Sounds like one list to me. TSA pilots then GJ pilots stapled to the bottom.

THAT A BOY, T!!

scumbag unity

fuelflow said:
19 pilots (out of 19 line pilots) in the first class at GJ filled out authorization cards, all of which are line pilots and Check Airmen at GJ. One pilot was formerly a Manager of Training at United Feeder Service (TSA's last spinoff company) about 6 years ago, and one was an Assistant Chief Pilot at TSA for little over a year.

The original cards were not "thrown out as illegal" - the IBT voluntarily withdrew them under ALPA threat of litigation for premature submission. The NMB had already certified the IBT as representing the GJ pilots. The IBT will resubmit for certification in a month or two.

Congratulations on your unity. Its you 19 heroes against the world. The nineteen of you are aiding tsa holdings in trying to make life worse for 700 tsa pilots. Fill out all the cards you want, the company is currently negotiating your staple to the bottom. Ask your classmates what their plans are. Best of luck in your next career. The managment guys will probably stay on at tsa, but they will never have any seniority to return to the line. And as for the rest of you, well they don't need 19 flight managers.

Latest resources

Back