Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wowjack

I love Bro...,but I go RJ
Over the few months I've met 4 Flight Options employees. One was Captain Scotty, another was a Chief Pilot for the Challenger out of Witchta, KS, then two last week. I was taking a student on a trip to Chicago. We logged 30 hours on this trip and I charged him per diem. During one of our stops from L.A. we made a pit stop in Santa Fe, NM. We ran into a Beech400 crew who had just dropped off some customers and were deadheading to Madison, WI for the night. I talked with them and one of the captains mentioned the fact that I should find an Options guy from L.A. and buy him beer to help get me into your company. So here's my deal, I have 1700 hours, 350 multi, a B.S. degree, and a strong desire to work for Options. I'm buying, where do you wanna meet!?

Isn't that a loaded question , "Who needs a beer?" please? Spend enough time in this business, you will all need a Beer!!!!!
You can buy me a beer too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beer? Where? When?

Speakin of beer, anyone know how far west of the Rockies I have to go to get Alaskan Amber?
My buddies are making a run to get some in Spokane Wa. I didn't think you had to go that far west. We are coming out of Texas. Any info would be welcome.
What a great and wonderous information source this is!!!!!!

Alaskan Amber

Semore,

Unfortunately, pretty far west. In '95 I lived just down the street from the Alaskan brewery, and since thier Amber is my favorite beer, I took a tour of the facilities. If my recollection serves, they made a point to mention that they don't use preservatives, and since they want their beer to be as fresh as possible when it reaches the consumer, they limit the distribution area to AK, WA, OR, ID and N. CA. It may be larger than that, but I can tell you that I have yet to find it outside of those areas.

Personally, I have seen it as far east as Coeur d'Alene and as far south as Napa. I'm sure the actual limits exceed that somewhat.

After typing the above, I found a FAQ on their official website which confirms the above info and adds Japan, the state of Montana and possibly the closest location to Texas: Casper, Wyoming. You can click here for exact locations in Casper and for companies that will ship Alaskan beer from OR & CA.

Good luck on the quest!

Travis

You can get Alaskan Amber in Billings, Montana. I just had a few the other day while I was up there. Good beer!

Latest resources

Back