Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SiouxHockeyFan

MEP 1619 MKE-OMA

Are Midwest pilots flying these flights or are they just Republic flights using the Midwest callsign?

MEP 1619 MKE-OMA

Are Midwest pilots flying these flights or are they just Republic flights using the Midwest callsign?

It is a Republic flight, using the republic "callsign" (brickyard), operated by republic pilots. They are using the "yx" code, due to the fact that they obtained the code after they surrendered the yx operating certificate to the FAA.

Republic the holding company now has two codes, yx and f9, upon which they sell tickets. Frontier is still the only one using F9 and republic the airline is the only one using YX.

Some time this fall, there will be no reference to Midwest. No paint, no name, no nothing. Which is really sad.

When you look up the flight on flightaware.com the flight is filed with the FAA as MEP. When filed MEP wouldn't the MEP callsign be used? There are also flights filed as RAP which would use the brickyard callsign. I didn't know they were allowed to file as MEP and use the Midex callsign without Midex pilots. Crazy!

When you look up the flight on flightaware.com the flight is filed with the FAA as MEP. When filed MEP wouldn't the MEP callsign be used? There are also flights filed as RAP which would use the brickyard callsign. I didn't know they were allowed to file as MEP and use the Midex callsign without Midex pilots. Crazy!

MEP has nothing to do with a "callsign". The Republic flights that utilize the YX code are listed on flightaware as MEP. They are Republic flights, utilizing the brickyard callsign. The Republic flights filed as RAP are fee-for-departure flights for one of their legacy partners. These also use the brickyard callsign.

They are "allowed" to file as MEP (YX) because that is their new two letter code with the FAA. Flightaware has not been updated to indicate that YX no longer implies Midwest, it is now a Republic flight. Some of these same flights operated by Republic will continue to be listed as YX, and the plane will be painted in F9 colors.

It's all enough to make me throw up in my mouth when I see one. A once good paying job in the hands of a FO making $23 an hour.

It's all enough to make me throw up in my mouth when I see one. A once good paying job in the hands of a FO making $23 an hour.

and killing each other for the chance to do it............

Latest resources

Back