Who is up to speed on these regs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cvsfly

Anyone up to speed on these regs and how they may pertain to operations with turbine ops in light aircraft less than 12,500 as well as more than? Specifically as they apply to Part 135 on-demand, BE-200 operations.
The final ruling on Transportation Security Admin 12-5 program:
particular to criminal records checks (how obtain) and cockpit door locks (we have a "partion")
The NPRM on DRVSM:
The equipment and certification procedures required
TAWS (EGPWS):
The equipment required for class A vs B (i.e. we already have Collins EFIS 85 with MFD, Mode S, TCAS II) and the cost involved?

well, I'll give you my .02 worth, whether it's right or wrong, here are our events. I fly the mighty B-1900. after 9-11 we had our doors ( how flimsy they are) closed prior to take off with a re-inforcement bar installed ( making a cockpit evacuation more difficult). Since we are a commuter class aircraft not a transport aircraft ( I believe cause we are less than 30 seats) we no longer require the doors to be closed as we have to check on passengers and have to be able to keep an eye on any UM's ( unacompanied minors). They took out the bar for the doors. We still have locks but we are not required to keep the doors closed it's up to crew discretion. Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back