Who is hiring and do I stand a chance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

I have like 2300 TT 250 ME ATP CFI-I MEI because of personal reasons have'nt flown much except for a occasional student in the last 1 year. Its been 2 years since I have flown professionally. (pt 135). If I am current what are the chances of getting to a interview and getting hired by a regional. Who is hiring currently?

Thanks

If you get current, you should be able to find companies that are hiring with your times. Of course, you may have to consider moving or putting up with horrendous commutes depending on where you live. Consider that as you move along. I'll let others comment on starting wages...

If you seriously want to enter the regional arena, get current and then start filling out apps, sending resumes and trying to network through friends, former students, etc.

Good luck.

The regionals will hire you if you're not current. There is such a shortage, they are hiring people left and right no matter what.

I have like 2300 TT 250 ME ATP CFI-I MEI because of personal reasons have'nt flown much except for a occasional student in the last 1 year. Its been 2 years since I have flown professionally. (pt 135). If I am current what are the chances of getting to a interview and getting hired by a regional. Who is hiring currently?

Thanks

You cant go to any regional.....you'll be lowering the bar...unless you only accept GoJet that is the highest entry level pay in the industry (23 an hour)good luck.

I got hired at SKW 2 1/2 years ago after taking a year off from flying. I was flying with the occasional student and was 90 day and IFR current, but my job at the time was totally unrelated to aviation. I had just about the exact same times as you did. No problemo!

Latest resources

Back