Who is getting interviewed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DUATS

As my time on unemployment grows, I am expanding my world view of possible employers. I am wondering who is getting called by the regionals for interviews? If you've been interviewed in the last two or three months, can you briefly summarize your qualifications and the name of the carrier?

I'm trying to find the places to put my efforts. If a carrier wants only real low time guys - or 10,000 hour guys - I don't want to waste my breath.

Thanks.

I can't answer your question, but it appears as if most who are hiring are putting the 1500 hr rule into effect already.

In order to get hired at a major right now, you need 2 boobs, a hole, and a heartbeat. If you don't have all of the above, you'll need a Masters.

I can't answer your question, but it appears as if most who are hiring are putting the 1500 hr rule into effect already.

In order to get hired at a major right now, you need 2 boobs, a hole, and a heartbeat. If you don't have all of the above, you'll need a Masters.
What a coincidence... them is my requirements too..... bouuuyyyyyyyy......

All kidding aside, last I saw, those regs don't go into effect for three years. Of course se airlines may comply early, but don't give up just yet. Companies regularly waive their own published mins for interns, degree program flight grads, and guys with an in.

We could some hiring at the regionals, soon. Some low cost and a couple majors are slowly hiring which pulls some up from the regional level. The regionals are staffed pretty thin. Watch to see those furloughs dissapearing at the regional level. Look for aircraft deliveries. Good luck.

PS. I shoulda been a lawyer or doctor or something with a real future.

Pinnacle is taking applications at a min of 1000/200 but I have been hearing many are applying with 3500+ TT. Not to start flames but that's the facts. Last I "heard" there will be roughly 60 new hires off the street after the XJ guys that can go to the 9E or 9L side.

As my time on unemployment grows, I am expanding my world view of possible employers. I am wondering who is getting called by the regionals for interviews? If you've been interviewed in the last two or three months, can you briefly summarize your qualifications and the name of the carrier?

I'm trying to find the places to put my efforts. If a carrier wants only real low time guys - or 10,000 hour guys - I don't want to waste my breath.

Thanks.

Most places are taking people that are current in a job. It sucks, and it doesn't help the economy to keep the unemployed unemployed but the fact of the matter is that companies can do whatever they'd like. Good luck.

Most places are taking people that are current in a job. It sucks, and it doesn't help the economy to keep the unemployed unemployed but the fact of the matter is that companies can do whatever they'd like. Good luck.

I will second that motion. I have a little over 2500 TT with 1500+ Turbine part 121 time and I haven't heard a peep. So I am thinking about giving something like Flight Express a try just to show some currency since I have been unemployed for the past year.

I will second that motion. I have a little over 2500 TT with 1500+ Turbine part 121 time and I haven't heard a peep. So I am thinking about giving something like Flight Express a try just to show some currency since I have been unemployed for the past year.

You should, it'll put hair on your chest and who knows, you might like it!

I heard that AWAC was looking for guys below the 1500 hour mark - not sure about others. I'm almost triple that.

I'm afraid it might be too much for the RJ carriers, and not nearly enough for the majors.

I have 4000 total with about 2500 of that at Part 121 carriers. Was called by Compass last friday to schedule an interview. I laughed after they said they want me to resign my NJA number, 1 yr training contract, and no more flow to Delta. All for a whopping $24/hr.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back