Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Archer38416

Hey guys and gals,

I was wondering if I could get some of your opinions from those of you that work for netjets.

A little bit about myself, out of college I flight instructed in Los Angeles and flew right seat in a King Air 200, Part 135/91. For the last two years I have flown Part 121 in the regionals. I should upgrade within 6 months or less. I have about 150 multi PIC, most of which was logged on empty legs in the king air (I know there is an ever going battle of whether that is actually considered turbine PIC).

My long term goals is to be hired by Netjets for reasons that are obvious to all of you working there. When I apply I will have one letter of recommendation from a NJA pilot.

My main question for this thread is; can a pilot get hired from the right seat of a 121 environment without any jet PIC time with netjet minimums? are the chances slim to none? Can I do anything specifically to get noticed more? Attend events for H.R. might be present?

At the very least I am working for a good company that can support my bills and quality of life, I am just trying to look ahead and make a plan.

Thanks in advance for your time and replies

Yes, it is possible to get hired with no turbine PIC time. People that come here have a wide variety of flying backgrounds, so when you get the minimums you should start the application process. Good luck.

My main question for this thread is; can a pilot get hired from the right seat of a 121 environment without any jet PIC time with netjet minimums?

I can't speak to the odds of it, but I personally know someone who was hired in early 2006 who came from the right seat of a 1900 at CommutAir, and had just slightly above the minimum times. I will say that's the only case I know of personally, but I'd certainly apply if you're interested and meet the minimums.

Good luck!

low time

I recently gave IOE to a new hire with less than 3000 TT and most of his professional time was in the right seat of a 1900. He was outstanding. The company hires folks with all kinds of experience and it really helps us all. We all learn from each other and we all become stronger pilots due to our diversity of experiences. Maybe there is a lesson for life in there somewhere....

My newhire class had someone from the 91 world with only king air time all the way to a retired airline guy with 10 types and 15,000 hrs.
Bottom line, If you meet the minimum requirements, you are a viable canidate for NetJets.

Good Luck, Archer!:D

My career was described in your post. I was hired in '05.

My advice to you is to send in the resume if you are interested. The flood gates are about to open.

My career was described in your post. I was hired in '05.

My advice to you is to send in the resume if you are interested. The flood gates are about to open.

The flood gates were opened when Section 27 and 13 became public. If you think there is any chance you want to work at NJA, apply yesterday. If you change your mind later you can withdraw.

On my last tour ran into quite a few Options guys who have class dates in the next couple months. Guys with 6 yrs senority.

Recency is very important

Just had an acquaintance get a "no thank you" note from Derinda. He had primarily military jet time, but he'd been just "puttering" in general aviation for about the last year since he got out of the Air Force.

NetJets likes people who are current and flying. Being out of the cockpit for more than 6 months seems to be fatal.

Latest resources

Back