Who is Dr Captain?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

I was just reading some old TSA threads and wondered who this Dr Captain is? What stories are there? What did he do?

Just curious.

I flew with him, he was a train wreck. I am convinced that on one of the flights that I flew with him that he would have killed everyone if it was a new guy. He does not belong in a plane, much less a car, bicycle, skates, whatever.

The stories about this guy are unbelievable. Unless you have flown with him you would not believe a single one. The flying public is a safer for this guy not being aloud to step foot in an airplane.

Is this the same guy I heard about that shut one engine down while flaring on an icy runway because he didn't want the residual thrust or whatever?

Yea try us, I want stories!!!! And how did this guy pass PCs?

Spit it out everyone come on, tell

Spit it out everyone come on, tell
OK here you go. So there I was, in my 152...

No, really. Example 1 of several for me:

Flying into ORD, winter. In the tops, where we all know most of the moisture is. Ice CAS comes on so I look up and see 3, not 4 white lights. At that time the CAS for low wing heat comes on (I can't remember the exact CAS wording but it was the A/ICE wing not getting heat). Now I look at my wing, its a popsicle. I tell him and he says "well mine's clear". Nice, I think to myself. So I ask him if he wants lower (i.e. let's get outta this krap). He says no we're fine and so on. Now the ice is getting a little too much for my comfort level and I ask him if he wants the QRH....of course not! We're starting the approach soon!
So I ask him "how about I bump the speeds up 15 knots and we do a flap 9 (was it 9 in the pencil jet?) landing. "NO! I am the CA and I will decide things in here".
Well, I know better than to do a flap 45 landing at ref + 5 with all that ice. SO I sneak the speeds up 15 knots and simply snap the handle for all his flap calls after 9. When the checklist is done cover the tape with my finger except for the first increment so he thinks they are all the way to 45.
SO here comes the countdown...One HUNdred....FIFty...FORty...THIRty....KA (bad word)ING BAM!!!!! We get to the gate after the usual ORD tour, and the ramp guys are all pointing and gawking at the planes wing, covered in ice but somehow we didn't drop a wing, it just fell even and hard.
Two things I learned that day: never, ever take "I'm the CA" as an answer to a concern, and second, that pencil jet is tough as nails.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back