• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Who is "convoy" ?

hawkerflyer

Total Time
9500+
Heard it a few times in Houston & ABQ upper airspace, assuming it's a box hauler. Sounded like they were using a 4 digit flight number with CNV or CVN as a prefix. New operator ? Someone change their call-sign ?

skidbuggy

Total Time
I think it is a U.S. Navy callsign... similar to the 'Reach' callsign by the AMC. I may have that mixed up with the 'Cowboy' callsign, however.

Others here I'm sure will speak up.

Last edited:

dustydog

Total Time
Navy Fleet Logistics Support Squadrons use this as their generic NALO (Navy Air Logistics Office) call sign.

CNV4XXX - C-40A's
CNV3XXX- Herc's
CNV9XXX - C-9's

It's pretty much the equivalent of the AMC RCH call sign.

DD

hawkerflyer

Total Time
9500+
It was a 4 thousand number both times, thanks guys.

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
"Breaker One-Nine, this here's the Rubber Duck..."

Yeah its Navy... hear'em out here on the left coast alot.

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
Ok....now that we cleared that up. Coming out of SFO this afternoon heard someone use the call sign "Twilight". Any ideas who they might be ??? :confused:

PHXFLYR:cool:

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
Ok....now that we cleared that up. Coming out of SFO this afternoon heard someone use the call sign "Twilight". Any ideas who they might be ??? :confused:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Sunset Aviation

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
What kind of airplanes ?

PHXFLYR

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
They operate several on their certificate. King Airs, a couple of Citations and a a few Lear's I also believe they manage a Hawker 800 as well. I hear them out of Burbank and Long Beach occasionally.

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
Thanks for the info.

PHXFLYR