• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is callsign "Jetlink"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
age....better options available....not very efficient to operate only a handful of anything...would be better to have one common type service wide...what do they use them for?

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct. And yet we are still flying the P-3 and trying to make it last another 5-10 yrs until the 737 MMA comes on board; it should have been put to rest 15 yrs ago. Numerous examples abound about the wonderful procurement process.

However, the 26s the Navy has were turned over from the guard and the airframes are only about 12 years old. They are actually a very good and efficient fit for the theater and mission (DV/pax/cargo/mail). The planes are in an up status nearly constantly (think I only downed a plane about 4 times in 31 months) and they can haul all the staffers the flags like to drag around with them. Its a good airplane.

I guess I saw one at Dulles a couple of weeks ago. I don't think it said navy on the side, but a bunch of guys in fatigues piled out. On further inspection I saw that it didn't have an N#. I thought it was a good use of the old tax dollar since a jet that holds that many people would cost a LOT more to operate.-kingaira90

It was probably an ANG bird if you saw a C-26 here in CONUS. Real good point about the cost / flt hr...

Well I guess this answers the question I had:

"How on earth could a thread titled "Who is callsign "Jetlink"?" could have more than one response. ;)

VVJM265 said:
C-26 is the mil version of the Metroliner. It has the EFIS cockpit, an IFF box, and a few other minor mods, but still a Metroliner. Good little airplane, I really enjoyed flying it.

Sounds like a pretty sweet ride. Never flew the 'ol Texas Sewer pipe but with those mods, I wouldn't mind banging around in the sky in it.

Yeah, that's one airplane that I definitely miss flying.

Latest resources

Back