Who has the most hours?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilot773

I've been curious about something and tried to look up the answer on the net, but to no avail so I thought I'd try you enlightened folks.
Does anyone know who in the history of aviation has the most flight hours? How many hours did that person have?

I'll vote on what instead of who. The MIR has been up over 130,000 hours.

I'm guessing the most active airline pilots might have 20,000-30,000 in their logs. Then again, at that level, I doubt they keep logs.

OK, I'll open the bidding at 22,700 Michael Buckley ATP - AMEL - 747 - 727 - Citation 500/550 Fountain Hills, AZ and looking for a job evidently because his resume' is posted on the web. Can anyone top that?

I wonder if he is related to Jerry Buckley who gave me my first plane ride in a V- tailed Bonanza at Falcon Field (Mesa, AZ) in 1960.

I don't recall the name, but I remember reading about some guy who flew power line patrol up until he kicked the bucket in his eighties. Guy flew 6 days a week 7 to 8 hours a day from his youth, or something absurd like that. Anyway, he had, if I recall correctly, in the high 30,000+ to low 40,000 range.

I personally know a guy with about 34,000 TT, he has been an instructor all of his life and owns his own airport. He is in his seventies.

Interesting screen name Charley Varrick, do you chew gum a lot like he did?

Latest resources

Back