• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who has switched airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALG to ASA. 5 1/2 years since the switch. Since then I've had the E120 CA position taken away from me on the first day of grnd school, DFW closed, ugrade on the ATR, downgrade 1 yr later (along with paycut), FO for 1 month and start school tomorrow to upgrade on the 200. Never ending negotiations and a commute from heLL!!! Life is good!
Two things I've learned:
1. Dont chase the upgrade
2. Always be preparade for a commute (unless your based in your hubs bread and butter ie ATL for Delta, DFW for American, etc...)

I jumped from ALG to CHQ about 2 1/2 years ago. After a few good years at ALG, things went downhill. Upgrade, downgrade, 9.5% retroactive paycut, constant threat of further downsizing, horrible merger circumstances threatened, I got sick of it and left right before the merger with PDT. I hate to say it, but all the things that made ALG a great place to work are probably the reason for it's downfall.

Different BS at CHQ. The contract is weak and unenforceable in alot of situations. My monthly credit is usually about 10 hours less, but I do usually get more time off, so thats a fair trade off in my opinion. The company's infrastructure is not large enough to support the monster this airline has become.

If I have explain 3585 to some 600 hr wonder pilot one more time...
Less than 4 hours later...I just had the joy of spending five minutes of my day explaining 3585 and why it wasn't required for a TEMPO 1/2sm into an airport with 200-1/2 ILS mins.

Hoorah!

Last edited:
Left XJ with 2 1/2 years there...for Skywest....so far so good.....its my 2nd month..off reserve....on the RJ.......200 people under me on the seniority list.....moving up the list 20 or so a month....more base options.....

What i do miss at XJ is the expierience level.....I guess you get that when you have 10-15 year capt. and 5-6 year F.O.'s. Not that its bad here at skywest, but I can tell a little difference.....

No More Red Tail Crisis's...!!!!!!! Always something, if its not something its something else. Amazing that only 2.5 years there...i was already tired of it....But i did grow up in MSP and heard it all...all the time.....All airlines have issues..but NWA and their feeders seem to be one of the worst of them all.

Over all so far I m really happy i made the jump....other than committed to commuting(which sucks).......But give me a year or two here and i might change my tune.....ask me then!

See Ya!

www.garffshirts.com

I am trying to be super patient with ASA but Express Jet and Skywest have my eye. Stupid displacements..grrrrrr

Left (furloughed from) TSA for XJT. An ideal move and havent looked back....what a difference.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back