Who "flew" the F18 in Jax?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

alimaui

Went to the airshow today, and it was awesome!! Except for the stupid rain that kept starting and stopping they day was perfect.

There was an F18 simulation set up and it was kind of cool. I did the carrier landing and I have to say that its a good thing that there was noone on this carrier...

Anyone else have any other observations...???

Ali

Ali, you were in Jax? Nice show wasn't it. I was there Saturday, didn't see the recruiting sim, but I flew it about a year ago, it was fun, I had to go around on my first attempt, but I got it on the boat on the second.

I should have some pictures up of the airshow later this week if anybody wants to see them. I was able to go out during Sean Tuckers Ribbon cut and get a picture from the runway, he was a mere feet above my head.

ShawnC

I thought the helicopters were fun to watch as they flew around backwards. and did you see the blue angel "boat" going backwards??? That was pretty cool! I had a front row seat for the end of the show.

I tried taking pictures with my camera...and I noticed a slight problem...there is a not so slight delay in pushing the button vs getting a picture (digital camera). I kept getting pictures with no airplanes because they were flying too fast out of the frame. Eventually I just took videos of it all which I have to say is much better, but then I ran out disk space about fifteen minutes into the Blue Angel show...

PS Did the riddle people go up as a group? Did y'all get to do the ship tours? I have a friend of mine who goes there he said "Riddle was going up friday".... I wax very dissapointed to find out they were only letting groups look at the ships.

I didn't get to see much of the helicopters show (I was looking to a spot along the wall so I could shoot the Blue Angels. I lost my spot when I was out shooting the Ribbon cut on the runway.)

No pictures, yeah you kind of have to anticpate and pan with the aircraft, digital is a pain, but you can do it if you try, I was shooting slides though a Nikon SLR so I didn't have much problems until I tried to capture the BA opposing Solos (I panned with one aircraft and hit the shutter when I saw the the other aircraft in the frame, it worked 2/3 times). I got my first gallery up, these aren't that great because the scanner was giving me problems (I hate MACs).

http://www.lazyeights.net/NAS_JAX_02/

I should have another gallery up later this week, including my Ribbon cut stuff, and my Blue Angels stuff, among some other rescans that I will be doing.

Now as far as Riddle, I came alone, but the Navel Aviation Club, come up as group and was in the section that was labeled NRD (or NRO something like that, they let me in for the BA show). Though it sucks, since I wasn't part of a group I didn't get a tour of the ship. That kind of sucks though, because its alot of fun to get the tour. I sure hope that it doesn't become Navy policy because the tours are one the best parts.

Latest resources

Back