Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who are the wholly owned carriers for NW?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI2766

As advertised, I'm a little unclear on who are the wholly owned regional 'partners' for NW/Delta. Educate me.

As advertised, I'm a little unclear on who are the wholly owned regional 'partners' for NW/Delta. Educate me.

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Compass, ASA, and Comair have all been wholly owned by NW/DAL. Currently, the count drops to Mesaba, Compass, and Comair. In another five years it will probably be a different list of carriers that have the blessing/curse of being owned by someone who doesn't give a sh*t about them.

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Compass, ASA, and Comair have all been wholly owned by NW/DAL. Currently, the count drops to Mesaba, Compass, and Comair. In another five years it will probably be a different list of carriers that have the blessing/curse of being owned by someone who doesn't give a sh*t about them.

Amen Brother. I think how could my life/career get any worse at OH, then mngt steps up to the plate and knocks in that insurance run to keep me down.

Amen Brother. I think how could my life/career get any worse at OH, then mngt steps up to the plate and knocks in that insurance run to keep me down.
Come on its great. Got JFK as a hub, soon to be only hub. Great MEC, forward looking, gonna get 170's (thanks senior guys that want to feel like they fly a mainline the pay freeze was smart), will be senior on the DL seniority list next year, and I saved the best for last, we have DAVE SOAPER.

In the opinion of those who work at the aforementioned wholly owned...is it a better position to be in than one of the contracted lift carriers? Or Does Delta view their wholly owned as an expense that needs to be shed in favor of leased service?

In the opinion of those who work at the aforementioned wholly owned...is it a better position to be in than one of the contracted lift carriers? Or Does Delta view their wholly owned as an expense that needs to be shed in favor of leased service?

They're pretty tough with all of us, but I think the WO's get the worst of it. CMR is 45% (or so) smaller than at our peak. Plus, furloughs, downgrades, shift to JFK, loss of travel priority - and that's just in the last 6 months.

Mesaba went through a brutal bankruptcy a while back, furloughed most of their guys, lost most of their planes. Things were good when they grew, but recently lost some planes they'd been expecting.

Compass has had a good ride so far, but they're cannon fodder if DAL/NWA starts furloughing.

As for the contract carriers, Mesa has had it worst. I forget why, but last summer the entire JFK base was on reserve for a month or two. It's no secret DAL wants to get rid of them, they just have to find a legal way to do it.

So, probably better to be a contract carrier, because you've got the contract to back you up in court.

They're pretty tough with all of us, but I think the WO's get the worst of it. CMR is 45% (or so) smaller than at our peak. Plus, furloughs, downgrades, shift to JFK, loss of travel priority - and that's just in the last 6 months.

Mesaba went through a brutal bankruptcy a while back, furloughed most of their guys, lost most of their planes. Things were good when they grew, but recently lost some planes they'd been expecting.

Compass has had a good ride so far, but they're cannon fodder if DAL/NWA starts furloughing.

As for the contract carriers, Mesa has had it worst. I forget why, but last summer the entire JFK base was on reserve for a month or two. It's no secret DAL wants to get rid of them, they just have to find a legal way to do it.

So, probably better to be a contract carrier, because you've got the contract to back you up in court.

I have to agree, the WO's get the worst of it but only by a little. After all, look at how brutal the Pinnacle situation is...end of the day it's better to be the owner than the owned. We all suck.

All in all when you are dealing with so many feeders for one mainline company you are all screwed.

They will continue to let all of them fight it out for the lowest operational cost to mainline.

I know Compass is setting themselves up for disaster. Our management has verified we are giving away some of our flying mostly due to our lack of crew staffing! Not to mention our great contract and flow agreement. AKA We are screwed!!!

Latest resources

Back