• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

white shirts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I tried Landerwood once and sent the shirts back for a refund. The guy running the office was a great rep, but the shirts were way too big.
I don't remember why, but I had to wear one of the shirts for a turn to ORL. While taking my daily constitution, the tail must've slipped below the seatline. Not to worry, I hand scrubbed most of the darker discoloration out before returning it for my refund. I did feel a little guilty though, so please check your merchandise closely. True story.

Ewwwwwwww.

But yes, they are cut a little large; I switched to a half-size smaller than I use with other brands, and they fit great.

I don't like the Landerwood shirts. They have a pink tinge to them, and the seams don't look properly finished. A seam should lie flat after you wash it. The Landerwoods wrinkle up at the seams. Even the M&H shirts look better than the Landerwoods.

Plus, everytime I ordered them I was sent a little religious message along with the order. No thanks.

Last edited:
www.pilotshirts.com

Their own brand of tapered shirts are great. Going on two years with mine and after getting them cleaned and starched they look new.

Pilot House shirts from www.pilotshirts.com . The best I've every owned. Tried all the others (except Landerwood). $24.00/per shirt last time I bought some (about 1 year ago). They hold up great. Machine washable, dry clean them once a month and they'll last a good couple of years. They use a heavier Oxford cloth, so if you don't wear a t-shirt underneath, you still can't see through them.

Rekks

The best shirts I found whether you take them to the cleaners or press them at home are the Van Huessen Commanders. They keep the pressed look for a 16 hour duty day on the Colgan battlefield. Now I'm crawling back into my foxhole for anti-colgan rhetoric.

meatwallet said:
Has anyone had a problem with the Van Heusen Aviator and Commander shirts being REALLY wide??

Not only do you get the open pocket on each side for the shades and calculator, it also doubles as a parachute if you need to "punch out". Great shirt but I swear the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed things taper out to chest size plus 6". I'm flying with one now and I swear I'm going to get it tapered.

FlySacto

crashpad said:
I tried Landerwood once and sent the shirts back for a refund. The guy running the office was a great rep, but the shirts were way too big.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has noticed this. I have two, one 16 which is what i normally wear, and then a 15.5 when i thought the 16 was too big. i can't get a good fit from either one. that being said, they are by far the best made pilot shirts i've ever seen. and i have ordered just about all of them mentioned on this thread.

my biggest complaint usually centers around the tail of the shirt being too short. although i don't have that problem about them going into the toilet, most of the shirts i've seen have been way too short.

my favorite has always been the goldstar which used to be sold by pilotshirts. com. they don't sell them anymore. i wish i could find them again. i think they might still be made in canada but google didn't turn anything up...

GopherEvertt? said:
I'll agree with the Landerwood shirt. One small problem that I've had with them:when they are pressed at the cleaners, it "cooks" the buttons. The epaulet buttons on two shirts have crumbled off already.
I like them as well, the pocket for sunglasses comes in handy as hell and the buttons have not come off the front or the epaulets, which is cool...good stitching!

The one thing I have a problem with is, the collars get weird creases in them.

Otherwise, I'd by from them again. I have two short sleeve and two long...they wear great and they look great.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back