• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whiners - Part 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This whole thread is just silly.. I don't for the life of me understand why there is this continuied argument between pilots and dispatchers.. I have been on both sides of this coin in my years in aviation.. as pilot I always valued another set of eyes looking after me and my flights.. As PIC I of course felt totally in control of my crew and the safety of the flight, however I always knew that my dispatcher was apart of the overall general flights safety and the course of actions I choose to take.. Once medically grounded, I started dispatching and saw the other side of the airline business.. the how, the why and the economy of the dispatchers duties.. The holes on my understanding of the dispatchers responsibilities where many, even after 19 years flying the line.. I look at this post and see both sides arguements, and I have to tell my young buck pilots out there, most of the pilot comments I see here are wrong, dead wrong.. the so called black and white FAA regs are NOT so black and white if you do some research on FAA court rulings.. you will see where dispatchers have been penalized, fined and or had there tickets suspended.. there have even been law suites filed against dispatchers over accidents and fatalities..
The FAA has hundreds of examples how the interpret there regulations with reference to the REG.. you might be surprised how they look at things like this subject..

The FAA is the real BOSS over all of and they tell us all how we can play in the sandbox....

So yea, you pilots are the PIC.. but your there doing this job under ALL the part 121 Regs, you can't cherry pick the ones you like, read it like you want to know it and disregard the others.. Companies are allowed to operate under their Ops Specs approved by the FAA, all of the regs have to be obeyed for all of it to work.. otherwise someone is breaking a reg somewhere else..

So JMHO, is to work as a team with your dispatcher, keep them informed of ATC changes, PIRIPS, the aircraft performance/ operations.. we can use that information for the other flights we will do, let us folks on the ground help you out while you FLY the equipment.. we have the expert knowledge at our fingertips to help you.. with Mechanicals, ATC reroute requests, advance warnings to weather, and in a diversion situation, we can help you get to a safe airport that also will help the company get the passengers to their distination with minimal financial impact.. Time and situation permitting of course.. Your not flying part 91 anymore guys...

oL' Walter here is pretty much dead nuts right...

Just work together... stop arguing over stupid crap, both side need and are required to work the flight together period end...

Last edited:
This whole thread is just silly.. I don't for the life of me understand why there is this continuied argument between pilots and dispatchers.. I have been on both sides of this coin in my years in aviation.. as pilot I always valued another set of eyes looking after me and my flights.. As PIC I of course felt totally in control of my crew and the safety of the flight, however I always knew that my dispatcher was apart of the overall general flights safety and the course of actions I choose to take.. Once medically grounded, I started dispatching and saw the other side of the airline business.. the how, the why and the economy of the dispatchers duties.. The holes on my understanding of the dispatchers responsibilities where many, even after 19 years flying the line.. I look at this post and see both sides arguements, and I have to tell my young buck pilots out there, most of the pilot comments I see here are wrong, dead wrong.. the so called black and white FAA regs are NOT so black and white if you do some research on FAA court rulings.. you will see where dispatchers have been penalized, fined and or had there tickets suspended.. there have even been law suites filed against dispatchers over accidents and fatalities..
The FAA has hundreds of examples how the interpret there regulations with reference to the REG.. you might be surprised how they look at things like this subject..

The FAA is the real BOSS over all of and they tell us all how we can play in the sandbox....

So yea, you pilots are the PIC.. but your there doing this job under ALL the part 121 Regs, you can't cherry pick the ones you like, read it like you want to know it and disregard the others.. Companies are allowed to operate under their Ops Specs approved by the FAA, all of the regs have to be obeyed for all of it to work.. otherwise someone is breaking a reg somewhere else..

So JMHO, is to work as a team with your dispatcher, keep them informed of ATC changes, PIRIPS, the aircraft performance/ operations.. we can use that information for the other flights we will do, let us folks on the ground help you out while you FLY the equipment.. we have the expert knowledge at our fingertips to help you.. with Mechanicals, ATC reroute requests, advance warnings to weather, and in a diversion situation, we can help you get to a safe airport that also will help the company get the passengers to their distination with minimal financial impact.. Time and situation permitting of course.. Your not flying part 91 anymore guys...

oL' Walter here is pretty much dead nuts right...

Just work together... stop arguing over stupid crap, both side need and are required to work the flight together period end...

Good post.....seems a little perspective goes a long way! If I take anything from this thread it's that everyone is looking for some sort of validation. If your NOT getting a pat on the back your probably doing your job well. In my years in the business, most of the folks that stand out in my mind are those that made my job more difficult.

HAMBURGER = A Wanna-Be Delta Connection Academy Graduate

I love how you say that the regs are black and white.

HAHAHAHAHA, are ya serious? Really?

Regulations by the governemnt that are clear cut and written in form and text to be understood by everyone?

HAHAHAHA, I can't seem to keep a straight face with you, daaaaarling.

Tell ya what Cap Daddy, answer me this:
If the TAF at destination is 2,000 - 3, do I need a destination alternate?

As far as fuel planning goes, for the dispatchers, we are not obligated to add anything beyond Min Fuel but our Min Fuel number better be a well planned 121.647 fuel number.

Cap Daddys, if you want to slap fuel on, Yippie Kay Yay, good for you in showing your support on how to make this world a better place.

And just a piece of advice for everyone: Get rid of those f*ckin' egos and work as team, just like GOD inteded it to happen.

T-E-A-M-W-O-R-K

Good Gawd. Over 'n Out.

This entire thread has been a shouting match about whos pee pee is bigger. WHO THE ******************** CARES????

Lets talk about something worthwhile, like 6/29/2008... The day all the little regional pile-its will never forget...

"Lets talk about something worthwhile, like 6/29/2008... The day all the little regional pile-its will never forget"

You said you want to talk about something worthwhile......so TALK....otherwise I don't think anyone has an interest in deciphering your sentence fragments!

FP format change?

"Lets talk about something worthwhile, like 6/29/2008... The day all the little regional pile-its will never forget"

You said you want to talk about something worthwhile......so TALK....otherwise I don't think anyone has an interest in deciphering your sentence fragments!

Yes, 6/29/08 will be an interesting day not only for dispatchers and pilots but for ATC as well. I'm glad they pushed it back from today.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back