Which would you rather?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoxFlyr

Which of these aircraft would you rather be flying and why, Lear 55,Citation3,or Hawker700? Boss is starting to look for something different and these are the 3 he talked about. Your input would be apprieciated. Boxflyr

Hawker800

None of the above. First of all they are non production aircraft. I went through this with my boss last year. The Hawker 800 is a better ship. Roomy cabin, still in production, cheaper than a 700 to operate, larger than the 3 or LR55. Of course cost is a major factor and I do not know what your budget is like. This is the best I can say with the info you have provided. Good luck with your search. Stay safe. :)

The Hawker 700 has slightly higher fuel burn [(~150 lbs more an hour) but it holds much more fuel. I think 10,ooo lbs compared to 6,900 lbs] then a 55. I've never flown a Citation, but from a pilot perspective, the 700 has a much more roomy cockpit and cabin then a 55, but is much slower, and climbs like a pig when heavy. The APU is nice on the Hawker, but either way, both type ratings are great because they cover almost all models. I guess for comfort, I would go with the Hawker.

We did the demo route in the 60 & XP, we are now int the middle of contract issues on the 800A I liked both aircraft but the cabin is what the Boss wanted larger than the 60. I believe it will carry six passengers a little more comfortable. Getting a class date for the crew has been a little bit of a problem. Didn't realize a Type for a Hawker would cost 28,000 plus.

jeb said:
We did the demo route in the 60 & XP, we are now int the middle of contract issues on the 800A I liked both aircraft but the cabin is what the Boss wanted larger than the 60. I believe it will carry six passengers a little more comfortable. Getting a class date for the crew has been a little bit of a problem. Didn't realize a Type for a Hawker would cost 28,000 plus.

Stay with an 800XP and not a 800A. There is a big difference in performance between the two. The XP has a much better wing and will be able to do more for you. The xp actually has a little ( and I mean little) more baggage space, which you will need if you want to carrry six passengers comfortabe with bags.

Bandit is correct about the XP vs the 800a. My 800a has extra baggage mod which is a big advantage but the XP is a better aircraft.
JEB: You may want to look at Simcom in Orlando for your type. Much cheaper and a lot more friendly there. Plenty of hotels and restaurants close by. They do have a full motion level C simulator.

Hawker 800, Thanks for the heads up on Simcom I will check it out. Simuflite was a lower rate than FSI (5000.00) per perso. Problem they can't guarantee a class date till July. Has anybody trained at Simcom? We have always trained at FSI till last year, gave Simuflite a try.

Latest resources

Back