Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which reginal treats it's employees'....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The same is true for FO rates. It looks as though both SkyWest and AirWis pilots would benefit from your A, B, and C, scenarios, as we too would receive the same compensation. The only difference is that our minimum day is 3 hours, not 3:45. Factor in the 3.5 for 1 Trip Rig and the 2 for 1 Duty Rig, and I imagine the pay is similar.

I hope this isn't turning into a "My phallic is bigger than yours" competition.

S.

Thanks for the additional info. By my computations then, I see 6:30, 2:00, and 99:00 at Air Wisconsin.

Rather than being an exercise in chest beating, I sincerely believe that disclosure of contracts among pilots is beneficial for all. It provides the pilot community ammunition with which to bargain for better work rules and pay rates come contract negotiation time.

While SkyWest does have a 2:1 duty rig, it does not - as I previously have said - have a trip rig. Air Wisconsin's provides about 6.9 hours per 24 guarantee with the 3.5:1. USUALLY, the duty rig would cover the trip abuses but I can see where it would be handy at times.

JeremyAV8R said:
Anyone have a clue when CoEx will be hiring again?

My opinion and 1.50$ will get you a cup of cofee.................My guess 2005 at the earliest.

And speaking of 401 K's Express Jet has a dollar for dollar match up to 5% of pay. Ie if you deposit 5% of your pay they will match it every quarter. They just put about a grand in my acount the other day. Turns into about 3-4k a year.

The reality of it is this,
AWAC pays you the better of 5 ways.
The most being trip rig, if you know what
that is; that's great. if not, send me a letter.
I'll explain it.

MGT. does not F#ck with the pilot group at all.

If you fly from ORD to SBN,
About 15 minutes and spend the night from 8:00AM
till 7:00AM the next morning your going to get paid good
at AWAC.
Trip Rig is based on time away from base.
If you have 2 legs worth 5 1/2 hours and your gone from
base for 24 hours. AWAC pays .238/or 6:52 hours during
that 24 period.

There are many variables involved, but AWAC pays the best
as far as what we fly and still makes money.

That is a good thing, While we don't have schedules like I
mentioned above anymore, AWAC is a great place to be,
and harder to get into right now.

The last class of new hires had 3 US AIR pilot's.
Can you see the writing on the wall's.

We had a Eagle F/O jumpseat last month, he's has been
in ORD for 3 years and is still a reserve pilot.
I almost gagged at what he was making.

For right now, Submit your resume to AWAC.

www.airwis.com

You'll do your self a favor.

Jetsnake

Mr Nimitz,

You call our policy manual a "pathetic joke" And your company, Express Jets, will soon be the industry leader? I will admit there may be some advantages to a union, but if our management "whipsaws" us then explain this to me. How is it possible:

1) A 2nd year SKYW RJ F.O. makes more than a 4th year Mesa F.O. (which is ALPA)

2) We have a forum where we can ask questions directly to senior management and get a response

3) When US Air came to us with their j4j proposal management let the pilots vote on it. Even when it mean't that if we voted it down (which we did) it would harm future RJ deliveries.

We may not be at the top of the food chain, but we are in the upper tiers for compensation. I am sure that your company cares alot about you which is why you know so much about "whipsawing" and you will get the best deal......oh wait I thought it was April 1st.

Jetsnake,

In the example you gave a Skywest pilot would receive a minimum of 7:30 of pay. (Daily guarantee of 3:45)

Since the person who started the thread asked which regionals treat their employees well, I thought i'd add my opinion of my employer, Air Wisconsin. I think we are treated very well and have a very good relationship with management.

We are compensated fairly, of course, who wouldn't want more, but pay isn't the only consideration in the entire package. Below is a summary of some of the good features of our compensation package.

We are paid 75 hours guarantee while in training, also whether or not you are reserve or lineholder, for any aircraft. I think some other carriers have lower guarantee if you are on reserve or pay a higher guarantee for some aircraft than others.

As beaten into the ground in this thread, we have excellent min day, duty day and trip rigs that help with our pay. 100% pay for any cancellations, 100% for deadheading, 150% for picking up time or if required to fly extra.

Also discussed in great detail here is our retirement, 4% of earnings per year put into a 401 K for each pilot. Plus, 401K matching from 1% to 3%, increasing to 4% 1/2004.

Paid FAA medical exams, headset reimbursement, paid uniform allowance once off probation.

12 days off per month minimum (reserve or linholder), at least 2 blocks of 3 off in a row per bid, but no fewer than 2 off in a row.

Job protection once off probation, if you screw up a training event whether pc or upgrade, you aren't fired, get 3 chances to pass or resume prior position. I know some carriers fire you if you fail a pc or upgrade.

One week vacation 1st year, 2 weeks 2nd year on up to 5 weeks per year.

I can't compare our treatment to most other carriers (except Horizon, where I used to work prior to their new contract) since I obviously don't work at the others, but I think it's pretty darn good. If others do better than this, than more power to them!

RR

Socalplt said:
In the example you gave a Skywest pilot would receive a minimum of 7:30 of pay. (Daily guarantee of 3:45) [/B]

Sorry, but I didn't even quote Skywest pay rates.
Don't know anything about them.

Jetsnake

Latest resources

Back